• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Desktop Dyno??

67 B-body

Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone else played around with Desktop Dyno?
I put all of my specs into Desktop Dyno 2000, and wondered how close these computer software dynos realy are compared to an actual dyno pull.
Has anyone done both? And what are your findings?
I have read that if you put in the actual flow numbers from your heads, camshaft specs, comp ratio, etc., they actualy come out pretty close.

Any thoughts???:happy1:

mine in PDF format

Open the PDF to see what Dyno spits out with my actual build, input into the system.

Attachments

• 1st my engine.pdf
    18 KB · Views: 207
Comp Cams has a similar deal, also "free download" CamQuest... I think you can still download it from their website.... I think that they are a little generous on their numbers, it's kind of the perfect world scenario, if tuned properly with 0% leak down, what could be possible... It's a good tool for seeing what, camshaft, cfm flow, combustion chamber sizes, cubic inch, compression, header tube size, bore size & induction changes etc. can make on a combo...

Comp Cams has a similar deal, also "free download" CamQuest... I think you can still download it from their website.... I think that they are a little generous on their numbers, it's kind of the perfect world scenario, if tuned properly with 0% leak down, what could be possible... It's a good tool for seeing what, camshaft, cfm flow, combustion chamber sizes, cubic inch, compression, header tube size, bore size & induction changes etc. can make on a combo...

Thanks, I'll look into that, and if it's still available I'll enter all my info into it too then compare.

I read in an artical not long ago "dont remember which magazine" and they were suprised at how close it was....

Cam-Quest used to sell the program, like said though its free now. You may get some ideas calling a couple engine builders in your area that may have tried the computer Dyno.. Ive talked to a couple guys that said they used it and they liked it but don't go on that, sometimes a new program that comes out automatically becomes cool.. Here's a link to the registration to that Cam Quest if you want to try it..

http://www.compcams.com/downloads/register.asp

Ron Your the Man...

dyno

hey check those air flow #s on press drop yours says 1 inch of h2o,should be 25 or 28

hey check those air flow #s on press drop yours says 1 inch of h2o,should be 25 or 28

It's inches Mercury inHG... Not inH2O.
This was default for the flow calculator. I'll try it your way in H20 next @ 25.

just looked at your head flow chart it says 1 inch h20

not trying to be a smart *** but i have a flow bench & have been porting heads & intakes for about 20 years,i have an older version of dyno 2000 & on my motorcycle dyno the hp #s are very close to the dyno 2000

Hmm... it does! The dyno flow chart on the PC says Mercury???? Wonder what the deal is? Anyhow, I changed it to custom entered data in h2O and it jumped up to 20 by default. I changed it to 28.0 H2O and not much of any change in output....

if your flow #s are at 28 300cfm would make about 620 max hp,with the right combination

if your flow #s are at 28 300cfm would make about 620 max hp,with the right combination

with corrected flow and H2O it now comes out to 648hp @ 6500rpm and 558 tq @ 5500rpm.

Auto Transport Service
Back