• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Desperate need for 73 charger relocating motor mounts 318 to 440

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey dunbar

Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have some relocating brackets for a 73 charger going from 318 to a 440?? I'll pay well for them need them ASAP and the dick at shumaker won't ship them today when I'm willing to pay near the parts price in shipping, desperate to get my car in my garage

Yah these are the dicks I was talking about, I put my order through yesterday, part is 159 and I was planning on spending basically 325 to have it shipped today and here next week rather than 8-12 days wait, and he won't ship today now was rude and told me just take the longer shipping rate or take nothing at all

Wow.

I'm sorry to hear that. Definitely not the way to run a shop. I sure as hell wouldn't buy from them again. I'd raise some hell and get my money back. 2 weeks is outrageous. Flat rate that **** and get it here in 3 days.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a radiator shipped to my from California - south carolina. Got it in 4 days. Shipping was free. I paid $120 for the radiator (new).

My car is sitting outside, and I only have a 1.5 car garage, I don't have room to have my motor and trans and car in the garage all at the same time so i have to get my motor and trans mounted so I can put it in my garage, I live in Edmonton Alberta lol I can have snow tomorrow. So right now with these, time is more valuable than money

you could always slide it in , mount the tailshaft on the trans mount so it wont slide around and stick a board between the oil pan and the k member. there is enough of a lip on the pan over the k member. as long as there is no exhaust system, you can put the mounts on when you get them. it does work and there is room.

if you put it in as a unit, its pretty tight because of the torsion bar mount, but it will go without tearing anything up. make sure you have the crank pulley and oil filter off

If the truck has already run, it's out of their hands. Most places are at the mercy of the shipper so don't be so quick to condemn. I'm sure you're not the only person that has called them this week in desperate need of a part in a hurry.

I have an entire 73 with a 400 in it, I just need the front disc brake setup, the car runs and drives, ,been sittng about 2 years since I started it, but I am sure it will crank right over, nice front clip, hood, etc..
Not sure how far you are from Connecticut?

They were first rate with me . and i asked a lot of dumb questions and took three months of researching and repeat calls before buying from them. way cool the whole time. ended up going with the full 440 swap kit . who was the dick first? I know if i get bumped or think i was bumped , i shove back. guess I am a dick.

I placed my order on thurs mid day. So there was time to have it out the next day. It's not like I called and wanted parts out the same day, he had more than enough time. Cory the lady I was dealing with was awesome helped me a lot with my dumb questions as well. I was told more than enough time. Today I don't know if he had a bad day or something but when I called this morning to make sure I was told he just won't ship it today I wait till Monday. No reason why he wouldn't ship just that he won't.

Anyways just by him being a dick it just saved me 150 or so in shipping I managed to get it all in the garage just no room image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back