• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

did a pancake breakfast for our veterans

ricks_RR

Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
have a few trucks show up and we feed around 60 veterans on us they could not pay for a think . thank you to all our veterans
20220821_075315_HDR.jpg
20220821_094045_HDR.jpg

we cooked over 21lbs of bacon 8 dozen scrambled eggs and 200 + pancakes 90 cups of coffee juice and fruit .
they could not pay for anything . we are proud to what ever it takes to show our veterans how we care for what they put on the line ( there lives ) for our freedom . we had all branch's of the service cant wait to do it again soon

Awesome effort by you and all the other volunteers to do this thing, hope it catches on everywhere. I will never forget what the men and women who served have done for the freedoms I enjoy every day, much kudos .....

we cooked over 21lbs of bacon 8 dozen scrambled eggs and 200 + pancakes 90 cups of coffee juice and fruit .
they could not pay for anything . we are proud to what ever it takes to show our veterans how we care for what they put on the line ( there lives ) for our freedom . we had all branch's of the service cant wait to do it again soon
What do you mean they couldn’t pay? Were they homeless vets?

any veteran can come . we go to the VFW, legions and tell them about it those who show up as veterans don't pay but we do ask if you are not please give a donation and that donation go's to a veterans home or a veteran in need . we( me and my girlfriend ) buy all the food and drinks . we don't have a lot but what we do have we share with the one's who defended our freedom . we just want them to know they are never forgotten not as long as we can do this we will.

As a veteran advocate it’s been my experience that the majority of veterans have no problem with paying for a meal as long as they know it’s going to help other veterans. A modest fee for a meal is usually $5.00. Of course it helps to get some sponsorship from grocery stores. You’ll find a lot of store will donate meal fixings to help with a veteran cause.

we do it because we want to and for the pass 30 years i have got to know a lot of veterans . doing it like we do we have gotten to meet more veterans by just inviting them to something like this . and the veteran story's are worth all of it . its a small world a few of them were stationed together and didnt know each other then .
we started this by doing car shows and having a raffle and the money from that would go to different veteran organizations . but i'm getting to old to keep putting it together . so me and my girlfriend do it this way . we have the land and everything we need to put this on . next year we may do a hamburger and hot dogs .
some of them live in a veterans home and they dont have a lot of money . so by saying veterans dont pay it makes them feel better about themselves and yes they try to pay but a lot of them live on a fixed income . we just want our veterans to know that we care and our doors are always open to talk or maybe just to ask for a ride to the doctors .
a short story a veteran that we knew passed away and his wife had to prove that she was his wife before they would pay her for being his wife after 45 years . it took 3 months before they sent a check to her and we along with other people took care of her rent because the landlord was an ASSHOLE and didnt care . she now is living in a home that can take care of her . i could go on and on but for the 4/5 hours of us putting our hand out to reach and touch hearts .that makes us very lucky people in this crazy world . we not veteran's just people that care thats all.

I commend you for what you and your girlfriend are doing

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back