• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did a wheel swap between the 2 cars. WOW< is an understatement

gtx6970

Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
Swapped wheels
Polished up the lips on the Torque thrusts really helped them . plus plan is turn all 4 tires in blackwall is going to really help the look.

But,,,WOW did it make the Coronet pop,
I also pulled all the side trim off it and stripped and polished it up nice and bright ( 2 front lip mldgs are still out ,,,they were quashed pretty good , thus took longer )

20220812_154834.jpg
20220806_193023.jpg
20220812_155341.jpg
20220812_154915.jpg

Satellite now. Im liking it more and more , especially once all 4 tires are blackwall

20220812_141746.jpg

20220812_141759.jpg

Looks great. I think the white letters look good on both. It's period correct in my book. White letters on older cars don't look correct for the fact there weren't tires with them during that time period.

I personally love raised white letter tires and think it just gives the 60's/70's cars a more "performance" look, your cars looks great with them as is....but hey it's your car do what makes you happy! ;)

Look what you are starting with.... those are both beautiful cars! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I personally love raised white letter tires and think it just gives the 60's/70's cars a more "performance" look, your cars looks great with them as is....but hey it's your car do what makes you happy! ;)

I do too BUT, it's gotta be 'American' tires, ie: Goodyear, BF Goodrich, etc, etc, NOT Kumho or Yokahamas , etc.. Not saying one tire is better than the other, just strictly talking about looks. You wouldn't put a fart can on your old Mopar would you? (god I hope not....)

When first done.
Satellite had white letters all the way around and something about it i didnt care for.
Plus the 2 fronts rubbed the fender lip.

Once i went to a narrower tire and blackwall. It looked so much better to me. So i will get the rears dismounted and switched over this weekend. Biggest difference was the coronet.
It just pops now.

20220808_183116.jpg

20220808_182527.jpg

Perfect match. I think the vinyl top car looks better with the more “deluxe” wheels.

Not that it matters, but I prefer black sidewalls; to my eye, it's cleaner - a less cluttered look.
I'll advertise the tire brand as soon as I get 'em for free, haha.
The fleet's lookin' good.

Not that it matters, but I prefer black sidewalls; to my eye, it's cleaner - a less cluttered look.
I'll advertise the tire brand as soon as I get 'em for free, haha.
The fleet's lookin' good.
To me wheels and tire sidewalls depends on the color of the car .
Light colors I prefer a darker tire and wheel.
Bright / in your face colors I like shiny wheels

My other car is black with chrome magnums and redline radials . Even though neither is correct for a 66 hemi car. But with red interior I felt the correct bluelines would clash ,,,,,,, in a big way

You’ve got those rides sharp! I always go with black walls out. Just a cleaner look and less distraction from the lines of the car.

Those wheels look great on both. Really Nice.

I have been wanting to find something different for my Charger. Just not sure what to put on though.

RC,
That looks good ,,,,,, on yours.

BUT, blue lines on B bodies are hemi car only in 66.
and I have one,,,but mine is redlines and will be as long as Im breathing.
I just dont think the blue lines would look all that great on a black car with red interior.
Plus My choices are the tires on the cars at hand . Blackwalls on the yellow car, and RWL on the red car

Little,anthonys,june22.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back