• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did All the '71 & '72 GTX Models Come Standard with Tach/Clock?

The standard dash had oil pressure/fuel in 2nd large pod. You could option either the clock or the tach. If one of those were optioned, the oil pressure/fuel moved to one of the smaller secondary pods.

Mines a 72 RR ...not a GTX, but it has the oil/gas combo where the tach would be in standard package as mentioned above. I didnt want to modify my panel from original, but did want a tach so added it to the hood instead. I also have a before after picture of my instrument lenses to show how easily they can be polished up almost like new! Only took me about 5 minutes per lens.

Roadrunner 1972 instrument panel.JPG IMG_6784.JPG RR instrument panel lens polishing.jpg

My '71 GTX has a Tach and no Clock.

you can even use toothpaste for polish plastic!!! I got a cluster what sold quite ago with deep marks and they dissapeared down toothpaste used as a polish paste.

If I remember it was the polish used for headlights and a small buffing wheel on a drill.

1st coat baking soda.
2nd coat Plastx or Mothers.
3rd coat banana (peeled).
4th coat polish with armor all.

Toothpaste and or this works as well

fine-scratch-remover.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back