• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did any Roadrunner come equipped with Power Windows?

super-bee_ski

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score
Recently I remember reading a "Post" where someone asked if any Roadrunner pre 1971, came equipped with Power Windows.
The general consensus was (is) NO
Even Chrysler has stated emphatically: NO
However, I came across an article in Muscle Car Review, issue May 2008, Rare Finds section, page 12 showing a 68 Roadrunner with Power Windows AND proof positive is the cars Broadcast Sheet listing them as "from the factory" option.

Once again, a surprise form mother Mopar and more importantly, expect the unexpected!

Ive seen a factory built 4 door hemi coronet, so anything is possible. There had to be at least one RR slip through with power windows. Probably not in 68, but by 70 it could have happened

LOL!
That is a RARE bEAST! huh?
God Bless Hemi Rebel!

PS: How darn cool would that be!

And yes, it was a 68 Roadrunner!
Broadcast sheets don't lie...or do they?

LOL!
That is a RARE bEAST! huh?
God Bless Hemi Rebel!

PS: How darn cool would that be!

And yes, it was a 68 Roadrunner!
Broadcast sheets don't lie...or do they?

In this day and age, anything can be manipulated. Broadcast sheets aren't safe.

Seems like if you knew the right people, you could get just about anything you wanted. A buddy of mine had a 69 Satellite with a stripper interior in it. Had all the Satellite exterior trim but the interior was as base as you could get with a teen and 3 speed on the column and rubber floor mats.

I'm fairly certain I've seen several 73/74 RRs with PW.

I've seen ONE 70 Super Bee with P/W.

Recently I remember reading a "Post" where someone asked if any Roadrunner pre 1971, came equipped with Power Windows.
The general consensus was (is) NO
!

Don't confuse uncommon with 'didn't exist' 'never happened' and the 'never say never' crap.

The data books show they were available. The sales reports for 69 and 70 RR's clearly show HT's and convertibles came with them. The percentages are very low but they were available.

Attachments

• 69_RR_PW_800.jpg
    69_RR_PW_800.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 521
Don't confuse uncommon with 'didn't exist' 'never happened' and the 'never say never' crap.

The data books show they were available. The sales reports for 69 and 70 RR's clearly show HT's and convertibles came with them. The percentages are very low but they were available.

Yeap and this is a 68 car. Anything as possible. But per Chrysler striped down base modle 2 door post, 383 with what ever 440 hp heads and 4 speed was what they offered and hardly includes power windows.

I got a 1964 Chrysler Imperial Crown Coupe up here with 413 and factory 4spd car....owner had to go to 3 different dealers before someone would order this car with 4spd...yes, it's a real car

I got a 1964 Chrysler Imperial Crown Coupe up here with 413 and factory 4spd car....owner had to go to 3 different dealers before someone would order this car with 4spd...yes, it's a real car

Now thats rare, would love to see pics of that one!

My Brother had a 70 Road Runner Convertible with Power windows back in the mid seventies so I'm sure there were others.

I once had a 69 Road Runner with power windows. But the weird part is that's about all it had was the power windows. I thought it was weird that it came with NO AC, no PS, no power brakes. No other of what I refer to as good options. It was a bucket seat car,4spd car with NO console & an 8 track player built into the radio.

Well since we're throwing odd balls around .my dad went to a mopar dealer in 64 and was looking for a nice family 4 door sedan. The sales man says you dint want that what you need is the all new 64 Newport conv all new design for this year . So my father said I don't want a push button I want a 3 speed on the floor . my father said if you can get one here I'll buy it right now (knowing there was no such car) well 3 weeks later the guy called said your car just got off the truck and to come on down and pay him for it .so Yeah they'll do anything to make a sale it stranger the change the more it's worth it seems. And yes I've see power Windows on pre 71 cars they are rare I've only seen a few of them setup like that.

Well since we're throwing odd balls around .my dad went to a mopar dealer in 64 and was looking for a nice family 4 door sedan. The sales man says you dint want that what you need is the all new 64 Newport conv all new design for this year . So my father said I don't want a push button I want a 3 speed on the floor . my father said if you can get one here I'll buy it right now (knowing there was no such car) well 3 weeks later the guy called said your car just got off the truck and to come on down and pay him for it .so Yeah they'll do anything to make a sale it stranger the change the more it's worth it seems. And yes I've see power Windows on pre 71 cars they are rare I've only seen a few of them setup like that.

A 361-2bbl with three on the floor would have been the standard set up in a Newport. The automatic, at extra cost, was shipped unless the buyer stated otherwise. Your dad 'stated otherwise' and got the three speed. This car would not have been a special order or anything out of normal production. The salesman did exactly what your dad wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

Production % for US sold RR's with power windows:

1969 about .4% of HTs and 4.1% of convertibles built for sale in the US
1970 about .5% of HTs and 6.5% of convertibles " " ".

Power windows are pretty rare in the HTs; not so much in the convertibles.

Attachments

• 64_Newport_trans_800.jpg
    64_Newport_trans_800.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 373
Two 69 hemi super bees were sold in Calgary Alberta with power windows. Both cars were the exact same, they screwed
up and ordered 2 via stupid salesman.

How long ago and who did you sell the car to? It would be interesting to see the fender tag or build sheet.

I once had a 69 Road Runner with power windows. But the weird part is that's about all it had was the power windows. I thought it was weird that it came with NO AC, no PS, no power brakes. No other of what I refer to as good options. It was a bucket seat car,4spd car with NO console & an 8 track player built into the radio.

Auto Transport Service
Back