• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did I do good?

As long as it is in working order I guess you did alright, they were $150 not that long ago,but parts prices are going crazy just like the values of the cars themselves! What I have seen in the last few cycles of the market is that even when the values of the cars themselves drop,the parts prices stay high,simple supply and demand economics.

Thx. Seller said it was tested and works. I see people list them for $500-$600 or more so I jumped on it.

Last edited:
I don't know if they are getting those prices though.

I have seen a few parts sellers asking astronomical prices for some of their parts lately, a couple in particular come to mind on here and on Moparts. I see them listing the parts month after month and even though they have something that I want, I had to put my foot down and say I'm not going to pay that much for that part,one will come up for a fair price at some point, I just need to be patient.

A friend of mine with a '67 R/T got one a few weeks ago for buying breakfast for another friend. The guy said he had it laying around at his place for years. I have seen them up here at swap meets at $500 to $700.
I went the cheap route years ago and put a $25 swap meet find C-body vacuum gauge on the console to dress it up.

Several years ago I purchased one at a swap meet here in town for $25.00. Took it home and it tested fine. I had a 68 Charger R/T at the time, that I thought about installing it in. I ended up selling it on The Bag, high bidder paid $368.00 for it. I was floored, couldn't believe it!!

If you look on ebay the search page you found it, look on left side. Scroll down, look for completed items another is sold items. They might tell you what kind of deal you got.

The guy selling it, has a good rating, sold 1.9k items 100% possitve

not sure about that price, $405
(I didn't remember that those tach/s only goes to 6k)
but if you need one it's probably worth it

The one in my car is hopelessly optimistic in regards to accuracy

Ive seen prices anywhere from $350 to $1000

I personally would prefer mine was a clock

The one in my car is hopelessly optimistic in regards to accuracy
Screenshot_20221223-190404.png
This can help with the accuracy.

Auto Transport Service
Back