• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did you Know, Ford had a SuperBird

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:56 AM
Reaction score

ADDSUPERB-4.jpg

3817275982_7e839279af_b.jpg

848b2b7694250be3bb306799c4df1028.jpg

VTb9dkGp43kR-bmvsCfUjwIhzVGH5Z1WtYUONr3uLTkEGjpuqyeHyQWv_mzF4w5iwNqGKXO87GqR5KnsZpOuOibCwzQdHRDA.jpg

rg34g.jpg

Well this is not the Superbird but the same car.. The blower was engaged with a pull handle lol..

Never seen or heard of this before. The side Falcon hurts the appearance and the rear spoiler has to go. Interesting that the actual car has dual headlights but the 2 top ads only show single lights. With only 750 built you would think that they would be very famous now as collectibles. Edit: Didn't realize it was an Australian car at first. Watched the above video after I posted, then noticed the top illustration showed a r/h steering wheel.

Last edited:
Never seen or heard of this before. The side Falcon hurts the appearance and the rear spoiler has to go. Interesting that the actual car has dual headlights but the 2 top ads only show single lights. With only 750 built you would think that they would be very famous now as collectibles.
Probably are in Australia..

Australia falcons are so cool. Australians have the same interest level in the car stuff as the US. Only country I’ve been where old iron is readily seen.

And a general observation ..... the Mad Max movie was set in 2021.....just saying.

Australia falcons are so cool. Australians have the same interest level in the car stuff as the US. Only country I’ve been where old iron is readily seen.

And a general observation ..... the Mad Max movie was set in 2021.....just saying.
And after this election and what all has been going on in this world I'd say Mad Max is right on point.. lol

Motorious---1--39.jpg

the Ford's Torino King Cobra tried to be a SuperBird Rival.

35376938366_4d5881c945_b.jpg

And the​

Mercury Cyclone
IMG_3483-Small.jpg

Last edited:
Never seen or heard of this before. The side Falcon hurts the appearance and the rear spoiler has to go. Interesting that the actual car has dual headlights but the 2 top ads only show single lights. With only 750 built you would think that they would be very famous now as collectibles. Edit: Didn't realize it was an Australian car at first. Watched the above video after I posted, then noticed the top illustration showed a r/h steering wheel.
They are collectable. But unlike our Plymouth Superbird, those Ford superbirds weren't the top of the heap - most people would rather have the Falcon XB GT with the 351 Cleveland engine instead.

What ever Ford took it from that Torino is butt a** ugly. The Falcon with out the big bird looks kind of cool. With the 302 Boss and 4 speed may even be fun to drive. But I have yet to drive a production Ford of that era that drive worth a turd.

Torino King Cobra tried to be a SuperBird Rival.

Sadly those are really rare.
Maybe the best looking fords ever built?
I also like the 1970-1971 Cyclone spoiler's with the SCJ.​

I thought "everybody " got the same 302, they came in every v8 that was made from 1968 onwards:D

Our standard 302 with Windsor heads was 210 hp. with a two bbl and 225 with 4bbl. and by the mid 70's it was squeezing out 140 net hp.

speaking of rare and barely seen or heard of versions/models.
the 1969 cobra...no..not the mustang..not the talledega versions..but this.

69ford96090-1.jpg

Ford Fairlane Cobra. One of one, original 1969 428 Super Cobra Jet Drag Pack, Ram Air, 4 speed, 3.91 trac lok rear, formal roof, original bench cloth seat, all factory black interior, dash, tach/speedo/am radio all factory original. Bought new by previous owner, raced for several years from new and stored until restoration. engine mostly original except distributor, intake and carb - I have all these original parts to go with the car. All original body panels with no previous repair other than one re-paint. Documented 11,574 original miles, past history, Marti Report, lots of photos and documentation for car. Original glass/mirrors, Front disc brakes, power steering, all lights/gauges work, runs and drives great. Clear title, private owner, no trades - Central Ohio location.

Price $ 45,000

my sisters husband had one of these,428,scj,
triple black and that thing was a crazy car,
fast,actually handled well for such a nose heavy pig.
i vividly recall the super crappy bench seat because we would all slide all over the place in the curves.
i never saw many like it,and they were always regular torinos,not cobras.
plus the formal roof really stood out,
which was kinda of like the cudas notchback versus the huge rear fastback.

heres a really cool article about how it tested against some of mopars best.
great read because it tells some stories about our cars too.
https://www.hemmings.com/stories/20...ar-the-1969-cobra-compared-to-the-competition

I'm surprised Ma-MoPar didn't go after them 'Ford'
for some sort of advertising, trademark
or copyright infringements

Auto Transport Service
Back