• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

did you know "streaking " started in Australia ( England )

polywideblock

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:54 AM
Reaction score
it was an Aussie :p
Twickenham, 1974
It all started with an Aussie. Michael O'Brien became sport's first streaker when he ran, naked and hirsute, into the middle of an England v France rugby match at Twickenham. Dared £10, the stockbroker became the subject of an iconic photo when policeman Bruce Perry covered him with his Bobby's helmet. Perry later told the Guardian that using the hat was overkill: "It was a cold day and he didn't have anything to be proud of, but I didn't think twice about using my helmet."

I want to know if anyone here has the guts to admit that they streaked. I didn't, but I was there when others did.

Folks were streaking here in Calif in 1973, at least that's the first time I saw it. People use to do it at a bar that had dinner shows, they would streak across the stage. I know for a fact the year because that's when I got out of military and was a regular at said bar before new years 1974
One guy, a Vet who lost a leg use to streak the show then come and sit at the bar butt naked and drink his beer. It was pretty well tolerated at the bar

it was an Aussie :p
Twickenham, 1974
It all started with an Aussie. Michael O'Brien became sport's first streaker when he ran, naked and hirsute, into the middle of an England v France rugby match at Twickenham. Dared £10, the stockbroker became the subject of an iconic photo when policeman Bruce Perry covered him with his Bobby's helmet. Perry later told the Guardian that using the hat was overkill: "It was a cold day and he didn't have anything to be proud of, but I didn't think twice about using my helmet."

You were late to the party in 1974

That Streaking Fad | AMERICAN HERITAGE

Did you ever "moon" anybody, then ? I did, out of a car window, and also with a group out on the side of a highway.

I think mooning was being done as early as the 50's or at least early 60's

Only women were allowed that pleasure (to see my buttocks)

Mooned? Yep....streaked.....well, skinny dipped but it was a normal thing where I was at the time. Run the diving board and do a 1/2 forward flip and hit the water head first. Almost a back flop but not quite.

I didn’t streak, as such. But I did do something similar once.
When I was in Army Cadets we had a ball busting superior named Officer Cadet Smith. She was SMOKING hot, thin, strawberry blonde. But a total ball breaker. On the last day of camp we happened to see her enter the barracks to say goodbye to those few that she actually didn’t despise. Buddy and I dipped into the nearest dorm room, stripped naked, then walked hand in hand down the hall and into the showers in front of her. I don’t know why, we just did.
When I was a teen in the ‘70’s mooning was a big thing. I remember one road trip in about ‘77 when my buddy mooned a horrified family in a VW for probably ten miles. They were hoping if they ignored him he would stop, and they all stared straight ahead. Periodically one would glance over, then resume staring ahead.
The last time I mooned anyone was in about ‘81. I was working on a large cattle ranch in B.C. This place was freakin’ hard core old west, like a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western. The guys were heckling me one time so I dropped trousers and hung ham. They nervously glanced at each other, and kind of shuffled their feet. Their reaction was one of puzzlement, like “umm, why is Garth showing us his ***?” They had no clue as to what mooning was.
I never did it again.

I think mooning was being done as early as the 50's or at least early 60's

Don't know about that...
ezgif-com-video-to-gif__90_-0481263d.gif

school-bus-mooning.gif

Folks were streaking here in Calif in 1973, at least that's the first time I saw it. People use to do it at a bar that had dinner shows, they would streak across the stage. I know for a fact the year because that's when I got out of military and was a regular at said bar before new years 1974
One guy, a Vet who lost a leg use to streak the show then come and sit at the bar butt naked and drink his beer. It was pretty well tolerated at the bar
yep we had them when I was in HS 1974-77
Ponderosa HS "77 baby
it had been around for a while

I do remember seeing it at a Concord HS game
my older sister was in the dance squad
when I was in the 6th or 7th grade I was 11-12
so 1970-71 at least

I'm not sure it started in Australia or (England)

California, Berkeley/SF area
& the fucken' hippies were doing that ****
way before I was 10 or so
I remember my Grammie (Albany Ca.) saying;
"there goes another stupid streakers"
so 1968-69-ish (maybe even before that)

Mooned, yes. Streaked, no. Only time I saw anyone streaking was 73-74 at Chuck Berry's place.

It became very popular in 1974 due to the release of the song by Ray Steven's "The Streak" in 1974. But it had been around for awhile.

I didn’t do either but was at a party and the host proceeded to moon us all, but he leaned a little too hard on his parents living picture window and fell thru bare... We were all seriously plowed and he was stuck.. It was hilarious until we realized in a couple of moments he needed immediate medical attention.. Try to sober up and help him out was terrible as he passed out on the way to the hospital.. It only got better from there. His nickname was Goof and his brother was Pluto..

Auto Transport Service
Back