• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did you know this, i didnt know this, about Wheel Vintiques Rallye Wheels!

idrivemopar

Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
According to a guy at year One, the rallye wheels from Wheel Vintiques actually use original reclaimed center sections, as nobody is stamping that part of the wheel. So they collect old wheels, salvage the center portion, clean it up, check it, and if its good put it on the new wheel hoop. Anyway to verify this? Anyone else hear this and know if its really true or is it just a bunch of BS?.

Sounds like a pitch to sell the wheels ...I have a new set from year One, and they look new to me. I also have an original which had a new rim installed, and it looks old.

Counter Jockeys....they don't know that much about what they sell.

i'd say............ bullsh...................................................

I know the chrome on them starts to rust as soon as they are out of the box. Smother them in chrome cleaner/protector immediately or don't ever let them get wet.

There is one of the wheel vendors that actually had the original dies and was stamping the centers but whether they are new centers or reused the key is how big the stud hole is. You don't want anything that's wallowed out.

I bought the rallye 17x9 from year one - their definatly brand new.

I know Stockton Wheel used to do that and is probably why they might no longer be in business? I salvage used wheels and do it that way but I'm not in the business of selling wheels and if someone still wants some, I tell them exactly what I do.

Would it not be illegal to market wheels as NEW when, in fact, they are refurbs?

I have looked at these very close, and I see no evidence that they are reclaimed centers, I think the guy was full of it!

Stockton is still in business. The centers were new on the 15x10 cop wheels I got from them.

DSC08567.jpg

I have Wheel Vintiques Wheels and I have couple old mopar wheels also. So I can tell, this is BS.

Auto Transport Service
Back