• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Diet

bearman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
Looks like the diet is coming along. The front end body parts will be here next week. I have been working in the engine bay for the last couple of weeks. Could get more done but work gets in the way but whats new right.alsoNeed to order up motor plate this week and fit the engine in it.

I found myself obsessed with weight reduction on my 64 when I was building it. there are some good post here and on moparts.com about places to reduce weight. it can become time consuming and expensive but was worth it in my opinion. I will be following your progress in the future bearman.

Thanks been looking at a lot of different ways to reduce weight and got a lot from all of you. It's just making sure when it's done it looks factory.

Yep to reduce weight has become my mine thought track. I have done the fenders hood bumpers and went with max wedge scoop. Bumper brackets seat frames k member and fuel tank are next. But will be hanging all trim back on the car to make it look more factory.

Yep to reduce weight has become my mine thought track. I have done the fenders hood bumpers and went with max wedge scoop. Bumper brackets seat frames k member and fuel tank are next. But will be hanging all trim back on the car to make it look more factory.
---
Good job bearman. Lots of trimming, thinner, shorter bolts, on and on. Is there undercoating under that 64?

malex, thank god it doesn't which is great. i will have some pics coming soon to show what has been going on. getting motor plate and trans mount order this week so i can start fitting the engine in it. a lot of work ahead but things looking good.

also going to stroke the 440 so looking at the 512 kit from 440 source.

malex, thank god it doesn't which is great. i will have some pics coming soon to show what has been going on. getting motor plate and trans mount order this week so i can start fitting the engine in it. a lot of work ahead but things looking good.
---
Motor plate means your motor is moving back a couple of inches / Getting the weight back. You can modify your existing cross member and use a single bolt trans mount. Driveshaft may get too long, but may still work. Lots of fun.

also going to stroke the 440 so looking at the 512 kit from 440 source.
---
.030 bore = 505
.060 bore = 512
Lots of guys run 440 source kits, including myself. They offer several compression ratios to choose from so if you know your head cc you can scoot over to the Summit compression calculator and plug in numbers.

You've got a full blown project on the go there!

Malex the engine is .30 now maybe I should just go with the 505. Heads are from 440 source but my pee brain can't remember what cc they are I must look again. I hate getting old forget all this stuff. Been so busy with the diet thought. How's that dart coming.

If the bores are good no sense to go past .030". However if the bores need to go another .002-.003" to get strsight then unless you buy a custom .035" over piston the piston to wall gets to big.
Doug

Doug the block was just cut to 30 over taken yours and malex advise going with the 505 kit

Malex the engine is .30 now maybe I should just go with the 505. Heads are from 440 source but my pee brain can't remember what cc they are I must look again. I hate getting old forget all this stuff. Been so busy with the diet thought. How's that dart coming.
—-
I guess you’ll know if it will be a 505 or 511 as soon as you get those cylinders checked. If they are good I’d think you would go with a 505 and leave some extra meat on the walls.

The Dart? Oh, I’m trying to drag it out but I’m having trouble with that.

Bottom is ready for final touch ups prior to epoxy.
5E148B65-4362-4AB0-9858-EF4135AF9801.jpeg

The Dana is narrowed. Ready to order axles, spool, etc. Borrowed a shaft and blocks, did the job in house.
F9EA378F-ED7A-4562-B557-A133F645EEF0.jpeg

15 gallon fuel cell base is done. I don’t like the way the spare tire tub hangs down on these Darts so I raised it up 3”. Tucked up in between the frame rails now.
4A9615DC-D673-43F7-86F8-E1C100CCEFE5.jpeg

I think this Dart will turn out nice. Thanks for asking.

Looking sweet nice work. Yep going with the 505 just had the block done. I'm going to check the heads tomorrow to see which way to go for pistons. You do great work Don't forget to block up spring perches lol. Talk soon and thanks for your help.

Malex I see the mini tubs but what about the roll bar?. Are you doing a build sheet on the other forum? Need to watch this build. What numbers are you looking at for the dart to run?.

Not only quality work, but quick too.
Doug
---
Thanks Doug, means lots coming from a perfectionist like yourself.

Malex I see the mini tubs but what about the roll bar?. Are you doing a build sheet on the other forum? Need to watch this build. What numbers are you looking at for the dart to run?.
---
Yes I moved the tubs in against the frame rails. Fabricated spring boxes, frame connectors, etc. I'm installing a roll bar, picked up the DOM today. Not really planning on running the Dart. Thinking about doing something different under the hood with that 526 that's going in. We will see. I actually started a bit of a blog just last night on FABO. Not too familiar with these A bodies.... They drill, cut and burn through quicker, that I know. Haha.

i hear you well whatever you decide i'm sure it will turn out great. have fun with the build maybe go on a vacation if you are trying to slow down lol. next question on the fury the wheelbase is 116 inches correct. my 64 is 119 here is my thought i have ss springs and the spring hangers are for a dodge. your hangers would be a inch shorter than a dodge correct. so why can't i drill the frame re location holes 1 inch inbound and with the motor plate installed should be set back another inch that can't be seen really by the naked eye unless you are a mopar guru. this would help in the horse power department don't you think or am i just over thinking this deal. thanks for everything. Barry

i know i ask alot of questions and i'm sorry but what did you use for filler on the tubs?.

Auto Transport Service
Back