• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

difference between 4dr and 2dr "A" pillar

steve817

Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
What is the difference between a 4dr and 2dr "A" pillar moldings for 68 to 70 B-body.

i always thought that 2dr and 4dr windshields were the same between the 68-70 b-bodies...

I knew the angle was different, however, the question was the difference between the "A" pillar interior moldings. I would like to know the exact difference between the 2dr and 4dr moldings(if there is any) and if the 4dr would actually work. The stainless steel drip rail moldings on the side of windshield are different lengths as well and I can't recall which one is longer...the 2dr or 4dr.

The angle that the A-pillar meets at the roof and at the cowl is totally different, I don't see how any of the interior or exterior trim would be the same. Not only are the angles different but the 4-doors and converts would be shorter.

The angle that the A-pillar meets at the roof and at the cowl is totally different, I don't see how any of the interior or exterior trim would be the same. Not only are the angles different but the 4-doors and converts would be shorter.

That was my point the angle is totally diffrrent on the moldings top and bottom

My findings are that a 4dr windshield is taller and narrower. I temporarily placed one over the partially knocked out one on my 32k mile original paint 68 hemi rr; when the neighbors grandsons came over to my yard and knocked it in. Wayne

My findings are that a 4dr windshield is taller and narrower. I temporarily placed one over the partially knocked out one on my 32k mile original paint 68 hemi rr; when the neighbors grandsons came over to my yard and knocked it in. Wayne

wow that would have been tough not to beat that kid

Sedans windshields are 1" taller than hardtops along with having alittle bit steeper angle. I've takin sedan A-pillar drip moldings and cut an inch off to fit hardtop. Also tried sedan interior A trim on a hardtop and was too long. The width is the same.

Auto Transport Service
Back