• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Differences in bumper jacks

rr440EW1

Local time
2:47 AM
Reaction score
What is the difference between a "T" shaped mast jack and the "tube" style mast jack assembly? Are they just from different vendors or are they for different applications?
I am specifically interested in info to be able to ID the correct jack for a '70 B body (70 Super Bee).

I'm surprised that there is no one that can help me out on this subject.

Dunno. I've had cars that have had both (obviously not at the same time). Most of the B bodies I've owned (that still had the original jack) had the "T" type. But most of the B bodies I've owned (probably close to 15) were St. Louis cars. That in and of itself doesn't prove anything.

I didn't see anything in the White Books about the masts. However, if there were part number information on the BASES, then it might be possible to narrow it down.

Dunno. I've had cars that have had both (obviously not at the same time). Most of the B bodies I've owned (that still had the original jack) had the "T" type. But most of the B bodies I've owned (probably close to 15) were St. Louis cars. That in and of itself doesn't prove anything.

I didn't see anything in the White Books about the masts. However, if there were part number information on the BASES, then it might be possible to narrow it down.

I checked the GG white books also. I don't recall ever seeing any articles about this subject.
My cars have had the "T" type jacks. My cars have been Lynch road cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back