• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dimmer foot switch location

fine69

Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys. Happy new year!
I have another one for the pros. I want to screw in my dimmer switch but I’m not 100% sure where. I think it should be just above where the floor pan meets the fire wall. But how about in relation to the emergency brake cable tube? I think someone had patched the floor and never replaced the switch. Any pointers?

8DFAF4A8-A8A6-4F83-BD39-4B64664448DE.jpeg

There should be a hump on the floor pan that matches the contour of the switch. It mounts there with the plug facing the kick panel.

A pic of what hemibee described, mounts to the two little holes at about the 6" mark.

IMG_1247.JPG

Alright thanks fellas! I’ll just have to cut the sound deadening out and hopefully find that recessed part.

Welcome from Missouri!

Can you crawl under it and see the holes? Stick a pick or awl up through them and it will locate the holes for you and screw it down.

:welcome:

Can you crawl under it and see the holes? Stick a pick or awl up through them and it will locate the holes for you and screw it down.

:welcome:
Yep I'll hopefully get out to the shop and have a look today. Thanks!

I had a closer look at the floor under the carpet today and could see the original top hole. Turns out the bottom hole was covered when the floor was patched but I managed to see exactly where it should be from the wheel well so I just redrilled it. Fits like a glove.

62C60FC0-9FCF-411C-B943-7338EF05A8F1.jpeg

this would do better in an electrical, lighting
or year specific forum

this is just the welcome wagon
not a Q&A tech section
you'd have better luck & more responses that way too

the search feature on the top right of every page
is a great source too

Dang . .. too late to this show . . . but this is what I had for you . . .

sm_dimmerswitchlocation.jpg

Better late than never . . .

this would do better in an electrical, lighting
or year specific forum

this is just the welcome wagon
not a Q&A tech section
you'd have better luck & more responses that way too

the search feature on the top right of every page
is a great source too
You’re right. I’m a rookie here haha

Sorry fine, my father in law passed suddenly, won't be to the shop until next week. Glad you got the info you needed, knew you were in good hands here.

Sorry fine, my father in law passed suddenly, won't be to the shop until next week. Glad you got the info you needed, knew you were in good hands here.
Hey sorry about your loss, man. That’s bigger than any car. Besides, I’ll have all kinds of trouble I’ll need your advice for when I bring the car out again in the spring.

Hey sorry about your loss, man. That’s bigger than any car. Besides, I’ll have all kinds of trouble I’ll need your advice for when I bring the car out again in the spring.
Turns out my wife urged me to go to the shop and work on her this Saturday. She was with her siblings.
Wouldn't you know I pulled the back seat that day and found the broadcast sheet! I could have gotten the dimensions but somebody posted exactly what I would have.
Good luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back