• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dipstick for 904 Transmission

1966Belvert

Local time
4:00 PM
Reaction score
All,

In preparation for a nice, long drive today, I checked all the fluids in my Belvedere. As I was putting the transmission dipstick back into place, the handle broke off. I've spent the last hour searching this site and using google. The only thing close to a stock solution that I found was this used item on ebay: Mopar 904 Transmission Dip Stick With Tube 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 A B E Body | eBay . The ad says it only fits 1970 - 1976 A B E bodies, so unless you wise folks tell me it will fit my 1966, I think I'll pass on that one.

If I have to go with a non-stock look, I found this on Classic Industries: 1960-1976 Dodge Charger Parts | 153669 | 1960-78 Dodge, Plymouth; (classicindustries.com) . It's made by OER and I've found it for a similar price on several other web sites. Does anybody have experience with (or opinions on) the OER transmission dipstick.

Finally, any other suggestions as to where I might look for a replacement dipstick?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

The best is to get a handle and tube that match. Over the years they change lengths with body styles.
But from the tube O ring into the trans the fluid will be at the right amount.
Unless you measure from the top tube seal rubber to the tip.Someone here may have the length you need.

Auto Transport Service
Back