• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Direct fit Borgeson Steering for 73s and some 74s

BergmanAutoCraft

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
11:50 AM
Reaction score
Several people with isolated steering column 73s and some 74s have approached regarding steering box kits. The column I am referring to has the rubber donut close to the coupler that joins the column to the box. Please see the attached photo of the new coupling. I have not added this to the site just yet, but its eligible for the current promo code lowering the kit cost to 755 + shipping. This is an easy installation and even uses your existing original hardware. PM, call or email if interested in ordering.

Late B Coupler 7 10 20.jpg

No cutting of column shaft?

Zero. This part replaces the cast part that goes from the bottom of the rubber donut to the steering box.

Several people with isolated steering column 73s and some 74s have approached regarding steering box kits. The column I am referring to has the rubber donut close to the coupler that joins the column to the box. Please see the attached photo of the new coupling. I have not added this to the site just yet, but its eligible for the current promo code lowering the kit cost to 755 + shipping. This is an easy installation and even uses your existing original hardware. PM, call or email if interested in ordering.

View attachment 1031910
$755??? You can buy a bunch of those expensive rag joints....

Per my understanding, does this piece will reach the coupler straight to the attaching points on bottom of it, replacing any kind of rag joint or piece in place of rag joint ? ( such as the bouchillon insert or hockey puck or whatever )

but what's the price for JUST that piece?

Per my understanding, does this piece will reach the coupler straight to the attaching points on bottom of it, replacing any kind of rag joint or piece in place of rag joint ? ( such as the bouchillon insert or hockey puck or whatever )

but what's the price for JUST that piece?
The new coupling is 105 by itself, 95 with the complete kit.

I posted the photo to show the part it replaces during the installation.

ok, as far I can see it replaces the stock spline coupler and by the height I can say it takes also the thickness of the rag joint to attach straight to the stock coupler?

img_0367-jpg.jpg

OR... maybe could be made to use a regular universal fit rag joint coupler just like 74s are instead the thick puck kind ?

( sample pic, not Mopar specific )

la50200.jpg

Would be nicer be able to still enjoy the isolation system but just like 74s are, using something like you did, to take the extra 73 rag joint thickness but able to attach the 74 and lates kind ( and most of cars around ). Just my 2 cents.

well, with the difference 74s are with rag joint on firewall side, not steering box side.

your explanation could be more specific LOL

Last edited:
Not sure if the change is mid-year but I thought 73 only had "the puck" and all 74 had the longer shaft with the "standard" fiber rag joint located closer to the firewall.

Auto Transport Service
Back