• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disc brake conversion on a 66 charger from 72 parts?

Bb70charger500

Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys I know this is a popular thing that gets done !
I sell the crap out of the control arms and spindles as a setup. But what is actually needed to put 1972 charger front disc on a 1966 charger.
I would imagine the upper and lower you would keep and just swap the spindle and out?
I have a young guy in my car club building a 66 charger and he was asking about disc brake conversion s I told him he's more then welcome to pick threw my loaded k frames and grab what he wants . He's unsure I'm 99% sure but figured I'd ask .

So guys what's needed off the 72 to make it fit on the 66

If I recall I just swapped the spindles of course that was 40 years ago. I think I had to relocate the frame hose brackets too. 72 Charger to my 66 Belvedere SW.
Mike

That is basically all the stuff I used for my conversion, if calipers slide on pins. I have a sway bar on my '64 Polara off a '66 Charger. I found that the front-mounted calipers could interfere with sway bar, so I reversed the spindles so my calipers are now at the back. I had to move flex hose bracket on frame from behind A-arm to ahead of it.
I used repro front line kit for 67 Coronet with disc brakes. Your buddy will need to use a master cylinder for disc brake, I used cylinder for 1970 Charger/Coronet. I used a dual diaphragm booster from a late '80's Dodge B-van.

Auto Transport Service
Back