• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disc brake slider ? S

Monkeymaster

Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
Hello
I am installing 11.75 rotors on my 66 Charger using the slider type calipers.
I could not find any junk yard donors for the brackets so I bought a new manufactured set.
Installing my calipers the right side barley rested on the slide, but with future pad wear, it will get better.
The driver side however, only the inner part of the caliper will rest on the slide, the left part does not set on it at all.
Tape measure pics shows the after market quality control, 2 1/2" and 2 1/4" wide , vs an original for the small rotors 2 5/8".
So, should I try to find some different pads that are thinner and see if it sets on it like it should, or
bite the bullet on lessen learned and try to find some originals or buy another set of aftermarket with confirmation pictures of the width being correct.
Last, the calipers came with gaskets/rubber bands.
I see online a diagram shows them going around the front and back of the brackets, for ?
Noise ?
?
Not sure what to even ask?
Thanks
IMG_3805.jpg
IMG_3807.jpg
IMG_3806.jpg
IMG_3802.jpg

Thanks

Yeah
+1 on Dr Diff
Wish I had dealt with them more in the past,
No issues with items I have gotten from them and all ?s replayed too.
The spindles and brackets were bought as a kit from competitor on sale.
Live and learn

Hmmmm ... why does the caliper have to rest on the slide? The pads ride on the slide, the caliper squeezes the pads and the slides keep the pads in position. However, it is the caliper bolts that position the caliper and the caliper does not move. Therefore no need for the end of the caliper to position on the slide.

I think it might be possible for the caliper to hang up on the outer slide as it moves in. The caliper should at least be started on the slide in my opinion.

As caliper piston pushes in, the caliper itself moves toward the piston, thus sliding on the brackets, and if not on the bracket, I too see it hitting and hanging up, causing issues.
IF, it had at least an 1/8" resting on it, I would consider using it, but even then would not feel warm and fuzzy about it.
Was hoping someone had a similar issue and could say, brand X number xxxxx pads fixed the issue.
Thanks

Hello
I am installing 11.75 rotors on my 66 Charger using the slider type calipers.
I could not find any junk yard donors for the brackets so I bought a new manufactured set.
Installing my calipers the right side barley rested on the slide, but with future pad wear, it will get better.
The driver side however, only the inner part of the caliper will rest on the slide, the left part does not set on it at all.
Tape measure pics shows the after market quality control, 2 1/2" and 2 1/4" wide , vs an original for the small rotors 2 5/8".
So, should I try to find some different pads that are thinner and see if it sets on it like it should, or
bite the bullet on lessen learned and try to find some originals or buy another set of aftermarket with confirmation pictures of the width being correct.
Last, the calipers came with gaskets/rubber bands.
I see online a diagram shows them going around the front and back of the brackets, for ?
Noise ?
?
Not sure what to even ask?
Thanks
View attachment 973988 View attachment 973989 View attachment 973991 View attachment 973992

Thanks

Those are the wrong calipers, the hose should come out the bottom not the top. Contact Doctor Diff and get the correct calipers and hoses.

Dr Diff comes through again !
The brackets from Dr Diff are as wide as Ma Mopar.
Thanks Dr Diff.
IMG_3810.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back