• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disc Brake Spindles?

Ronald Weishaar

Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
Are the disc brake spindles the same for the slider type calipers as the pin type calipers? The only difference being the caliper brackets bolted to the spindle!

If you mean floating caliper and pin style the answer is no

I have a few sets of 73 and up A body floating caliper style spindles which I may part with if you’re looking

If you mean floating caliper and pin style the answer is no

I have a few sets of 73 and up A body floating caliper style spindles which I may part with if you’re looking
What i'm asking is, are the spindles the same if you transfer the caliper brackets.

The 73 and up disc brake spindles are all the same as far as caliper mounts are concerend. You can use either type of caliper, with the correct mounts.

The answer is yes. The spindles are the same. I've changed from the slider type to the pin type caliper bracket using the same spindles. I've also gone from 10.5" to 11.75 using the same spindles.

Last edited:
The answer is yes. The spindles are the same. I've changed from the slider type to the pin type caliper bracket using the same spindles. I've also gone from 10.5" to 11.75 using the same spindles.
Is the pin type better than the slider type or both equal?

I like the pin type better. The slider ones use an anti-chatter rubber band between the caliper and the bracket that usually doesn't last long. Pretty much all of the later model cars use the pin type now days.

Auto Transport Service
Back