• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disc brakes on 1964 440

bearman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:12 PM
Reaction score
What are you using for disc brakes. Master cyn, p valve, size of rim and back spacing. Also power or manual pedal thanks for input.

My 64 Belvedere wagon was originally a power drum brake car. I converted it to manual disc brakes. I installed a set of 73-74 E-body disc brakes. The MC is for a F-body manual disc car. A homemade 4 bolt to 2 bolt MC mounting plate. The prop. valve and bracket is from Power Master Brakes.

P1040135.JPG

So the spindle from the b body will take e model rotors. Which bearings to use from b or e or they both the same. Your set up looks great i need just what you got on my car can i come over and take it lol

What color is the car very nice

The color is Turquoise Metallic, the code is K.

P1040165.JPG

Good luck finding any of the parts in a junk yard. The parts are available but I doubt they exist in a junk yard especially e body's. Definitely try but don't be disappointed .

Yep was looking yesterday no luck. It's okay I'll get pricing from mopar dealership tomorrow. I just like the fact that the caliper has more braking pressure and i don't have to pay for the name.

Thanks bill i will do that.

Look on here, ebay etc for spindles, calipers brackets etc. Rotors and pads are available from rock auto. That is just me, looking for a good deal, if you don't enjoy the hunt or don't want to research what will work, do what Bill recommends and call one of the parts vendors.

I'll get pricing from everyone just so i know how much to really pay. We have to price shop for the best deal. If you are like me your lunch money is saved for something you need.

Thank you now time to go junk yard hunting
Find caliper brackets first if you do the disco-tech, hardest to find. They come up here sometimes. want ad? They're repo'd I think $$$. Thread awhile ago member hunted out good prices on parts.

disco.jpg
disc5.PNG

Nice thank you will print this out and start looking at pricing

I used mid 70's "A" body front disks on my '64 Polara. With some judicial shopping on e-bay (spindles and caliper brackets) and RockAuto.com (everything else) I was able to complete the installation for well under half what some vendors charge for their kits.

IMG_5698a.jpg

I used the spindles and caliper adapters from a '75 Dart and the calipers from a '76 Dart. The rotors are from a '77 Dodge Monico and are 11.75" diameter. They're single piece and have reinforcing ribs with make them stronger than the stock Dart units.

The 11.75" rotors require the use of 15" wheels. If you want to keep the stock 14" wheels you need to use the smaller diameter 10.87" rotors and the matching caliper adapters. All other parts would be the same.

I also used the stock Dart manual disk master cylinder and a proportioning valve from Summit Racing.

I used mid 70's "A" body front disks on my '64 Polara. With some judicial shopping on e-bay (spindles and caliper brackets) and RockAuto.com (everything else) I was able to complete the installation for well under half what some vendors charge for their kits.

View attachment 587616

I used the spindles and caliper adapters from a '75 Dart and the calipers from a '76 Dart. The rotors are from a '77 Dodge Monico and are 11.75" diameter. They're single piece and have reinforcing ribs with make them stronger than the stock Dart units.

The 11.75" rotors require the use of 15" wheels. If you want to keep the stock 14" wheels you need to use the smaller diameter 10.87" rotors and the matching caliper adapters. All other parts would be the same.

I also used the stock Dart manual disk master cylinder and a proportioning valve from Summit Racing.
what caliber brackets did you use?

If you are a fabrication kind of guy check out scarebird kits. Many mopars out there using the recipe of Chevy cavilar calipers and Ford rotors.

Auto Transport Service
Back