• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Discount tire....

1967coronet440

Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
Just had to share my experience I just had at discount tire.... been to this store before without issue, a little slow but the price is usually right so I return again with my 06 srt Charger this evening. Early for my appt they get my car in the bay right away and pull it in the lane right in front of the window, great now I can see what they’re doing. Little Mexican **** with a bad attitude starts lifting the car all seems fine and dandy he gets his breaker bar out that’s about as thick as a standard ball point pen and starts wrenching, gets one lug off. Moves to the driver side, same thing except he gets none off. Mind you I replaced the driver side hub assembly last weekend so I know all is perfect on that side. Walks in to the store front and says “your lug nuts are seized” to which I reply “no they are not” he tells me their stuck and won’t come off with an impact or breaker bar and his breaker bar is about to snap. I told him the lugs on the driver side are brand new and torqued to spec last weekend. He says come look, so I walk out there and see this pathetic excuse for a breaker bar laying on the ground and a 3/8 drive IR impact. Goes for the breaker bar and nothing, plugs in the impact, nothing. Says we have a big impact but we’re not responsible of it damages your wheels so I said use a thin wall socket like you should’ve been doing already, don’t have one... of course not. So I tell them yes go for it be careful and it will be fine I’ve done it many times. They bring out an ancient 3/4” impact and plug it into what looks to be a 1/4” hose and go to town, now there’s 5 morons trying to take my lugs off my car. Eventually they get all off without an issue except 1 that they stripped and tried to charge me for it (see attached pic). It gets better.... so they put the tires on, little border jumper comes in and says here you go you’re all set, great I can go home Finally. Pull around the building nasty rattle from under the car and rotational scrape from front right wheel. The moron stacked the weights right center with the brake caliper so that’s scraping and the exhaust got caught on their POS lift and knocked a bracket loose. So I get all the morons outside and show them how bad they suck and ask what’s going to be done, I have a loose exhaust hanger and a scratched $500 brembo brake caliper. The ******* guy tries to tell me that the noise might be from me tightening the lug nuts too tight and it warped the rotor..... at this point we’re all standing outside it’s freezing cold and I’m sweating I’m so furious. I had enough just left and chalked it up as a lesson learned. Stay away from big name stores with kids working there making $12/hr. My wife is emailing corporate, doubt it will go anywhere but she’s determined, and a bitch so who knows. Rant over

BC43BB3C-EC59-4837-A347-406447EF8508.jpeg 0874D9FA-0AE0-4856-BF05-A846C1A176C0.jpeg 13AFF518-37C5-4CF8-B019-48EBD0C677EF.jpeg

Holy ****! I would’ve beat me some ***! Where was the store manager during all this? Don’t settle or chalk it up to lesson learned, go back and get all that **** taken care of. You work for the nice things you have, mention lawsuit!

If need be, I’ll come be your back up, jail ain’t so bad, lol!!!

The store manager is the one who told me that I tightened the lugs so hard inwarped my brake rotor....... I had to walk out my blood was boiling. Jail isn’t that bad but I got 3 boys at home. Had I been single I would be making this post after I bonded out. My wife wanted me to go back too but I had enough for one day. Going to let her go to corporate and see where it goes.

Really I dont want them touches my car again and they can do nothing for an exhaust hanger and paint scratch. I’ll tighten up the bracket and touch up the paint. Cost me some time but it is what it is.

I suppose walking away is sometimes better.

They are all morons ! Bought tires and rims from them but I took them home and put them on the car myself after they mounted tires to rim and balanced them. My daughter bought tires same place, they charged it to my account by mistake. When I called to ask about this they said it was me and they sent me some bullshit receipt with was supposed to be my signature. Made a call to the bank that holds Discounts card that I had bought tires from for years. My daughter got her tires for free and I canceled my card from Discount tire. Now I go to NTB, their service is not much better!

Last edited:
They are all morons ! Bought tires and rims from them but I took them home and put them on the car myself after they mounted tires to rim and balanced them.
That’s what I should’ve done.

had an incident at ntb.
i won't have them change the tires on my 2 wheel dolly.
idiots.

had an incident at ntb.
i won't have them change the tires on my 2 wheel dolly.
idiots.
We have a local shop that’s been around for 20+ years but they mostly deal with trucks tractors and heavy equipment no stock for 20” tires that come on my car. So I passed this time, should’ve done like I did with the coronet and ordered my tires and had them do the swap.

Tell your wife to make sure and tell them to look at how many sets of tires you've bought and any family/friends that purchase from them, make sure to let them know you will be going to NTB and report them to BBB...

Tell your wife to make sure and tell them to look at how many sets of tires you've bought and any family/friends that purchase from them, make sure to let them know you will be going to NTB and report them to BBB...
Thanks I will, after she’s done with them I might own a franchise lol.

NTB no longer exist here. Now Big O Tires.
Have not been to NTB in four years. Took 3 hours to fix 1 flat and broke a stud in the process. Will not go back except to buy and carry.

NTB no longer exist here. Now Big O Tires.
Have not been to NTB in four years. Took 3 hours to fix 1 flat and broke a stud in the process. Will not go back except to buy and carry.

Ya but Discount doesn't know that! I've had several problems with them that didn't want to be addressed until I told them to look up my info and see how many sets I've bought, gave my parents name said look how many they've bought and if you want to keep any of our business it better get fixed! They obliged afterwards...
Nothing worse than dealing with someone that doesn't stand behind their work.

Very few times in my life have I let someone else install mount my tires and install the wheels. Been mounting my own for years but I'm getting up in age now and recently sold my manual tire machine. About the only thing that I let a tire shop do was balance the larger tires since my bubble balancer doesn't do those very well plus a 31x10.50 was a bit hard on my back to even put it on the balancer..... :( Sucks getting old. Thing is, the DT shops near me have both been pretty good for what little they have done for me.

I order tires from discount tire direct online. They're usually the cheapest especially when they have their rebates 3-4 times a year. Plus free shipping and no sales tax. I have my local mechanic mount and balance them for me. $15-25 per tire depending on rims. I put em on my cars myself.

I find these problems in just about every business aspect I touch. . No one can do their jobs right anymore. . I mean it's downright pathetic. .ive had to go back to a bazillion places, make a bazillion calls and kick a bazillion butts these last 2 years because of incompetent morons. .lol don't get me started. Kinda a sore subject!

I order tires from discount tire direct online. They're usually the cheapest especially when they have their rebates 3-4 times a year. Plus free shipping and no sales tax. I have my local mechanic mount and balance them for me. $15-25 per tire depending on rims. I put em on my cars myself.
Exactly what I do. Discount gets $30-35 to mount and ballance , my guy gets $17.50.

Out here we got Big O.I usually buy carry out and do the work myself. Last time the manager was pissy about selling me 4 tires because "I don't make any money on carry outs." Last week the place closed their doors.Poor management,I see why.

Had the same crap with my durango got new tires put on at tire works here in vegas well the dipshit kid Backs my truck up and tells me my tires are rubbing the fenders because i put 33 in tires on so i take off for home didnt even make it to the light pulled over and the dumbass put the hammer on wheel weights and they were smacking my calipers so i pop them off with my knife take the truck back and throw them at the kid Manager comes running out telling me how sorry he was because the kid was new told then you should put the punk back to sweeping floors

Auto Transport Service
Back