• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distributor clamp bolt?

superbeedave

Local time
1:00 PM
Reaction score
Hey guy's, I have so many bolts laying around that are original and I decided to clean some up and reinstall on the "Bee". Could someone please take a picture and post it of an original distributor hole down clamp bolt and would it be a 5/16-18, 3/8-16.. for a big block 69?
Thank you, Dave

5/16” coarse, 1-1/2” long(?). Lock washer on bolt. Grade 3/5 would be fine, no real load on it.

beerestoration2015-2016 2367.JPG

Yes it would have an H on it. So me think I found it, but no washer on it! Thanks for help guy's!

Sorry,,, just a lockwasher on bolt.

5/16” coarse, 1-1/2” long(?).
Much longer than 1 1/2", maybe 3".

Any rate, one way I used, to look up certain engine bolts, was go to one of the Mopar websites that sells correct OEM hardware. Usually gives dims, and photos.

Says conical washer
Yep.
To be clear on the right washer, for those type conical, they are not curved on one side. Picture a flat washer, bent into a slight cone shape. Bolt tightened against it, washer flattens a little, making a tighter 'grip'.

Auto Transport Service
Back