• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distributor identifying help

dodge68charger

Local time
6:00 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys i wanna install a pertronix setup in my 440 engine. Im not sure what setup to use. I havea few of the distributors with the condensors and thought the pertronix module screws in there but not sure how it works with the distributor i have.. The shaft is also longer compared to the condensor styles i have on the shelf. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

That is a small block distributor !

Really? It came right out of my big block and has a long shaft.. Is there numbers or a way to tell. Thank you

Vacuum advance position is on wrong side,these are Prestolite dual point but advance location is the same..P6270573-001.jpgPicture 277.jpgP6270573-001.jpg

Would the 400 size engines possibly use that style distributor. I faintly could make out seeing a '400' stamped on the i.d. Pad of the block near the distributor. The engine came out of a truck..I ll check my parts bin later tonight for a spare.. Thanks

400 would be same as 440 only with 1/2" shorter shaft.

Auto Transport Service
Back