• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Diy seat foam 1966 67 B body

Moparnocar

Local time
10:46 AM
Reaction score
Contacted seller on eBay that was selling for the lowest price on thurs, still haven't heard back, cause I don't want to wait 4-6 weeks. The negative reviews are telling me I won't hear anytime soon. Decided the foam looked simple, so here we go...

1. Bought a block off Amazon, 44lb strength, for auto seats
2 cut to size ( see pics)
3. Gutted it ( hardest part) used box cutter, probably better tools out there. Getting new canvas tomorrow to glue to the foam, then hog ring on. Looking good so far. Got to replace some material on the seat frame too.

Screenshot_20200223-212218.png Screenshot_20200223-212226.png

Also,got a new Android phone, uploading photos stalls out and gives a error. Got to do these screenshots. Anyone else having issues?

Read electric carving knives work well on foam. Anybody else confirm that?

It worked good! Just a few small wrinkles from the covers sitting awhile, they came out with a hair dryer

IMG_20200226_141115813.jpg

I just noticed my 67 Charger doesn't have the seat emblems on the driver's seat, I believe there is one on the pass seat ( I'll have to look again) is that normal? They are original

All four seats should have the medallions. I was missing the one on the drivers seat too. Took me a while to find one.

All four seats should have the medallions. I was missing the one on the drivers seat too. Took me a while to find one.
There's no hole in the original cover either, it just dawned on me. My car was parked on 77

Here at 1:38 neither seat has them, first time I've noticed this, I wonder why?

This one doesn't have one on the driver's seat, like mine, 2:00min mark

The driver seat at 1:31 in the lower right corner, a seat medallion. Not sure but can tell you my car is all original and the seats have never been touched, just covered. The driver seat is the only seat missing the medallion due to excessive wear but you can see where it had been. Either seats have been reupholstered or the original purchaser did not want that option.

The driver seat at 1:31 in the lower right corner, a seat medallion. Not sure but can tell you my car is all original and the seats have never been touched, just covered. The driver seat is the only seat missing the medallion due to excessive wear but you can see where it had been. Either seats have been reupholstered or the original purchaser did not want that option.
I know almost everyone that has ridden in mine in the pass seat, has complained about it. Wonder if it was an option to delete it mid production or something?

I know almost everyone that has ridden in mine in the pass seat, has complained about it. Wonder if it was an option to delete it mid production or something?
A friend of mine that sold these cars from a dealership in the 60s mentioned that some people chose not to have the medallion on all or some seats due to it bothering some people. Especially women since it sat right where the bra strap would be.

Front seat medallions are recessed below the surface, so, you should not feel them. Rear seats are not, only the rear passengers feel uncomfortable...some what of a good idea....

BTW, still haven't heard from the cheapest seller in eBay, I'm guessing supply problems, but at least admit it...

Yeah, took a long time before they answered me on a question I had for them. Thinking they only monitor the "important" messages like if something sells.

Auto Transport Service
Back