• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dizzy casting numbers

F4R/T

Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
I have a question , I’m working on my 70 charger RT and purchased this point dizzy to replace the mia original one. It has the tag on it but upon disassembly I found these casting numbers and I want to make sure it is late 69 casting also looking for a couple sets of mopar points and condenser and the vac advance with solenoid. I do have several books and fsm and can not locate this info and want it right. Thanks for the help.
image.jpg
76C35C1F-A665-4D5A-9E3E-8FC8F8E30384.jpeg

1970 440 4BBL HP Auto/Manual B/C/E Body. The date code is 37th week of 69 I believe.

I know the tag is correct but I’m concerned if the tag is right for the cast housing .. I see it has various part numbers in the housing with what appears a date box similar to a pie wheel.. just making sure it’s legit... I want my 70 to be as close to 70 as humanly possible! Thanks !

I have a question , I’m working on my 70 charger RT and purchased this point dizzy to replace the mia original one. It has the tag on it but upon disassembly I found these casting numbers and I want to make sure it is late 69 casting also looking for a couple sets of mopar points and condenser and the vac advance with solenoid. I do have several books and fsm and can not locate this info and want it right. Thanks for the help.View attachment 988903View attachment 988904

I know the tag is correct but I’m concerned if the tag is right for the cast housing .. I see it has various part numbers in the housing with what appears a date box similar to a pie wheel.. just making sure it’s legit... I want my 70 to be as close to 70 as humanly possible! Thanks !

@HALIFAXHOPS

Yes inside the housing should have like a 12 box line" then a year. Each box is a month checked off with a dot for each 2 week period. Yours is dated 4th week of oct 1971 so it is wrong. I might possibly have the right one. Month should be at least 2-3 months prior to the 37 week of 69, that tag is for a 1970. I probably have all the parts you need, on the vac advance you have to go into your FSM and see which one is called out. Hate to say this some one did a tag change so on top of that you have no idea what curve is in it. I am sure that core was not cheap either. Happened to me a few time one reason I do not pay much for cores. whats your build date? Shoot me a pm.

Last edited:
You will not find the casting date in any book that I have noticed but never really looked for it either. But in the beginning of section 8 should be distributor info, along with a chart for the vacuum advance number. Funny I just got a 70 ignition book in and if that tag is right the vac is a 2875818/ch-785 and the cap is ch-219. Check the fsm though these have been wrong in the past on point cars.
DSC09495.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back