• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do 383 B accessories, brackets, and pulleys fit RB engines?

RockyPat

Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 383 B engine with all these accessories: power steering pump and its brackets, alternator and its brackets, water pump, and pulleys associated with these parts and the harmonic balancer pulley.

Would these accessories and brackets fit a RB 440?

My 383 is bad, and I am wanting to get a 440 possibly.

Would I be able to use these accessories on a short block 440?

Also, I am pretty sure they fit a 400. Is that correct?

Thank you.

A 400 is also a B block so as far as I know the brackets and many other external parts would fit. As far as the 440 is concerned several brackets were were drilled for use on both the B and RB such as the alternator brackets. The power steering bolts to the water pump so you should be ok.

It may all work with nothing more than slightly longer belts

If you have A/C theres a couple parts different, otherwise your good..

Your exhaust flanges at the manifolds will be slightly higher.

A 400 is also a B block so as far as I know the brackets and many other external parts would fit. As far as the 440 is concerned several brackets were were drilled for use on both the B and RB such as the alternator brackets. The power steering bolts to the water pump so you should be ok.

Thanks for your comment. This is great news! These brackets and pulleys can get annoying to find... Lol

Your exhaust flanges at the manifolds will be slightly higher.

Thanks for your comment Don. I don't know exactly what you are talking about, but I do not have manifolds for any engine. I will have to research this more.

The manifolds will bolt right on. Where the flange for the pipe bolts to the manifold will be about 3/8" higher it will pull the pipes up towards the floor. Might be okay but they will be higher

Auto Transport Service
Back