• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do I have to

alsant

Local time
1:57 AM
Reaction score
I may have to sell my 66. Second Daughter going to college. Do I have to leave this forum if I do sell? I have come to enjoy everyone on this forum and I do not want to give this place up.

Of course not.

Hell no, you should stay with US

you'll get another one...LOL

You can still talk Mopar, play Pick Em' game etc...

absolutely not!!! waddya, nuts??

fuggedaboutit.jpg

Go to your banker and take out a loan against the Coronet. Use the loan proceeds to help your daughter pay for college, make the small monthly payments and keep your Mopar. What if she decides she doesn't like school or drops out for some reason part way in? Just something to consider...

I say stay! And with all the money you get from selling you car you keep a little for yourself and become a GOLD member!

Of course you should stay, you can also keep the car if you convince her that waitressing is a great career choice.

I thought this place was like the "Hotel California"? You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.....

Well thanks guys. Thats why I won't leave.
The sign of a true man. Doing what he has to do to provide for his family and you sir are a real man. Ive been were you are,actually three times and it's never easy. You stick around,those college years go fast and you'll have another hobby car soon enough

I would agree on getting a loan against it first. Heck, a parental loan may be the way. I worked my own way through college. Its a shame that the colleges are so over loaded with worthless programs that it has jacked up the costs to the point a full time student can't make it without the equivalent of a mortgage.

Sorry, I've been angry for students about the excessive costs and poor quality of the modern college experience. It really is a scam. As a parent make sure to really evaluate the program she is in. Guidance counselors at large universities are usually worthless as are their "expected salary" statements.

I would agree on getting a loan against it first. Heck, a parental loan may be the way. I worked my own way through college. Its a shame that the colleges are so over loaded with worthless programs that it has jacked up the costs to the point a full time student can't make it without the equivalent of a mortgage.

Sorry, I've been angry for students about the excessive costs and poor quality of the modern college experience. It really is a scam. As a parent make sure to really evaluate the program she is in. Guidance counselors at large universities are usually worthless as are their "expected salary" statements.

X2! I was talking to old friend from high school ( grad, 1966) other day. funny how he mentioned the cost of college back in the early 70's , ( after he got out of air force,) was so small. it is a sinful shame what it costs for a college degree. kids can be saddled with these stupid debts for decades. I blame it all on the GOV"MENT!!!!!! we have NO leaders in this country, just idiots and crooks!!!!!! sorry!

I just hate seeing entry level people thinking they are going to make 50k or more starting out and have to tell them they will be starting at almost half that and the labor pool in my field is large and the jobs few. We have people with 20 years experience willing to take entry level jobs. One woman who had worked with us had over 100k in student loan debt and realized she wasn't even going to be able to afford a home. They told her she would be making much more money. I felt bad. They are straight out lying. While a few lucky ones land some job like that for a few years, the vast majority don't. Admittedly, I have been very blessed being able to stay in this field through the rough times. Most of the people I went to college with (I went to Purdue) became middle managers and don't even use their degrees. 9/11 and 2008 were kind of a 1-2 punch to people my age. Once you are out of the field for a couple years you basically become unemployable.

I feel even worse for those who get a degree in liberal arts. A friend of the family graduated 2 years ago with a liberal arts degree from a good college with a culinary focus. She's working as a cook in a pub now after only being able to find factory work for the past couple years. She had a couple positions in nutritional management at the beginning, but they were 20k a year jobs.

Right now the money is in jobs that no one wants to do. A good friend with a GED started a chimney sweep service several years ago and now makes several times what I do. I know a couple plumbers that have done the same. But.. I wouldn't want to do it for a living... neither does anyone else so they get to make the money. :D

Last edited:
one of my kiddos is 22 now and wont be debt free till shes 32..maybe.
the debt they force on the kids is criminal.

speaking of criminals....
we just got started dealing with the IRS...
they decided that her income was too high so they taxed her for 95% of her entire years earnings..
yes..im telling you the Truth..we are waiting for their reply now...
we sent in all our paperwork and asked on what planet they could possibly try to steal my kiddos money Legitimately...
but they want 95% of her entire income..for taxes.
even tho shes a student with part-time job....

that whole system needs to be shutdown and revised.
all the people that work there,need to be sent to a coal mine and work there instead,so theyd know what doing a Real job is.
jmo.

edit lol,sorry forgot main reason for post.
to the OP
dont sell your car,
youll have no car for years and theres no telling what the circumstances might be Then.
ive been down this road raised 5 kids and looking back,
regretted selling a lot of my cars.

My daughter went to a name school to get her bachelors degree and continued on to get two masters degrees .. she later said she was foolish and she should have gone to a state school to get her bachelors degree and then spent the big money in a name school for her masters ..(should say my big money for her degrees :rolleyes: ).. not complaining as it was money well spent on her, but we had no idea that would be the way to go as my wife and I had not dealt with college education cost before. We spent a lot but she did 6 yrs of college and left owing $7,700 thanks to us and a lot of scholarship money for a 4.0 student ..proud of my girl :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back