• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do the 68-70 B body wagons REALLY use a 66/67 B body gas tank?

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
A guy told me today that the station wagon gas tank dates back to the 66/67 models?
I'm parting out a 68 Satellite wagon and it was news to me.

I have a friend that is doing a 70 satellite wagon and he told me that is what he used for a replacement fuel tank.
Matt

easy to tell.does the spare tire well cut halfway into the top of the tank?if it does then they are prob the same.

easy to tell.does the spare tire well cut halfway into the top of the tank?if it does then they are prob the same.

Yes it does, sorta like the A body cars.
Thanks guys!

I thought wagons had the spare in the quarter.

They do, but the recess in the floor looks like it was for the optional rear facing 3rd seat.

I have a 67 belvedere wagon and I need a gas tank but they say the normal car tanks don't fit does anyone no why

Question… It does appear the tank from a 66-67 B-body will fit into a 68-69 B-wagon, which fuel sending unit would be correct for this application? Should a sending unit for the 66-67 tank be used, or a sending unit for the 68-69 body? Any help would be much appreciated.

I have a 67 belvedere wagon and I need a gas tank but they say the normal car tanks don't fit does anyone no why

Put one in my 67 Coronet wagon without issue.

Auto Transport Service
Back