• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DoctorDiff pre bent stainless brake lines

adk-roadrunner

Local time
1:09 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these brake lines? I ordered a set for the 8 3/4 that's going in my 73 Roadrunner soon and they seem quite a bit different. The 8 3/4 was supposed to have been out of a 73 charger so I assumed everything would be the same. I followed all their measuring procedures and some bends are different and a bit of length. I paid extra for the stainless lines so not sure how easily they could be manipulated. the package says 73 on it but who knows.
brake line 5.jpg
brake line 4.jpg
brake line 3.jpg
brake line 1.jpg

To me your old lines look like they have been replaced and not original

The way to tell what year the Diff is, you look at the location of the T block and compare to pics online. Someone had a nice pic that showed all the different years and the location of the T block. Sounds like you dont have the correct lines for the year of the diff.

The way to tell what year the Diff is, you look at the location of the T block and compare to pics online. Someone had a nice pic that showed all the different years and the location of the T block. Sounds like you dont have the correct lines for the year of the diff.
His vent location is correct for a 70 and later housing. The line ends at the vent may not be bent as there could be inlet angle variations depending on the year. He should contact Cass at Dr. Diff to verify. Cass is pretty knowledgeable and has a good reputation.

Never seen the armor shielding on rear diff lines, I'm not an expert on that. Hope your replacing that rubber line, those if deteriorate inside and cause headaches.

Never seen the armor shielding on rear diff lines, I'm not an expert on that. Hope your replacing that rubber line, those if deteriorate inside and cause headaches.
bought a new rubber line and the shielding threw me off as well.

His vent location is correct for a 70 and later housing. The line ends at the vent may not be bent as there could be inlet angle variations depending on the year. He should contact Cass at Dr. Diff to verify. Cass is pretty knowledgeable and has a good reputation.
I think at oldest its a 73 as this was an ISO mount housing. I welded washers into the perches and ordered non Iso springs from ESPO's.

I emailed DrDiff and they responded back saying it looks like they may have been mislabeled and the will forward my pics to the MFG then get back to me.

Auto Transport Service
Back