• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dodge 1500 tailgate lock question

cbodybob

Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
I bought a Bully tailgate lock from my local Advance Auto. Part # LH-007. My truck is a 09 Ram 1500. The lock will not fit. On my truck the handle bolts in with the studs angled down about 45 degrees. The Bully one has the studs comming straight out. So no way for it to fit. I went online & Its the only one I can find so has anyone else run into this. I would like to be able to lock my tailgate. Thanks.

go to the dealer and get one. My father has a 2012 with a factory lock in the tailgate. 09 and up should have the same tailgate hardware as the body style is the same.

go to the dealer and get one. My father has a 2012 with a factory lock in the tailgate. 09 and up should have the same tailgate hardware as the body style is the same.

Yea I just dont want to pay the high price of that one. Rather get aftermarket one

Yes, others have run into this. Even though ot states it will fit 2009 trucks, it fits up to 08. 09 and up are different.

Auto Transport Service
Back