• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dodge charger suspension

I've done alignments on just about every car built. The trick on the bolt on arm style is to unload the front supension before loosening the bolts. Jack it up by the frame rail. Then crack the bolt you don't want to adjust 1/4 turn. Now loosen the opposite bolt where you want to move the arm. It will move easily. No special tool required. Anybody that doesn't know how far or which bolt to move doesn't have much alignment experience.
Doug
Hi thanks for that info,this type of set up simply isnt found over here, however in my case there wasn any starting datum point to start from just a load bits in a box so i take on board your opinion but as a engineer (not car mechanic) the logical out of the box thinkng was replace place it with a design it know and of course its not just used by GM but lots of car makers many thanks steve

I keep shaking my head over this.

Your loosen the nuts, you move the bar, you tighten the nuts.

Doesn't get too much more simple than that.

Remember Chrysler, in the day was considered an engineering innovator.
They figured out how to do it without needing to use shims.....twice.

Of course you should probably get a camber/caster gauge and some turntables, but those are almost a requirement with any style of adjusters.

Perhaps if you had posted your question before you stared cutting and welding.....

1973 body and chassis service manuals in pdf form available here-

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

I keep shaking my head over this.
Hi, lol i guess its very frustrating for you, i do understand how it is done,however all the parts were dis asembled no bolts in slots ,so which bolt goes in what position in the slot to start the process,which bolt first i just calculated as it was already in bits id alter it ,as a engineer of 45 years it was no big deal to do this,i do see your point why reinvent the wheel but over the years i have converted many american cars to RHD which i can tell you is no easy task and the certified as road safe in every respect by our goverment highways transport system, the hardest one was a 1998 pontiac trans am its an huge undertaking but full mirror image no chain box steering ststem, im about to start doing a 1972 nova now, i do thank you for your opinion and if theres a next time i shall consider your valid points,steve gill
Your loosen the nuts, you move the bar, you tighten the nuts.

Doesn't get too much more simple than that.

Remember Chrysler, in the day was considered an engineering innovator.
They figured out how to do it without needing to use shims.....twice.

Of course you should probably get a camber/caster gauge and some turntables, but those are almost a requirement with any style of adjusters.

Perhaps if you had posted your question before you stared cutting and welding.....

1973 body and chassis service manuals in pdf form available here-

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

You don't seem to ramble when red X-ing me.

Auto Transport Service
Back