• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dodge is doing some unveiling

Yes, I know how a locomotive works, I worked at Canadian National Railways for 35 years. The general operating principles haven't changed much for decades; a diesel engine spins a generator which provides electricity to drive the road wheels. No battery involved for motive transport, no hybrid operation. That link seems dated though, as GM and GE no longer build locomotives since they sold those divisions.

Not really, but ok. And yes, I agree this will blow up in their faces when these cars sit. I do know they have groups that monitor social media so that's how your voice can be heard. Right now all they're hearing is the snowflakes being excited about EV cars saving the planet.
Do you have anything substantive to support your allegations of their alleged "cluelessness"?
Please provide supporting evidence.
Otherwise, you're just WAG.

Do you have anything substantive to support your allegations of their alleged "cluelessness"?
Please provide supporting evidence.
Otherwise, you're just WAG.
Not that I can share here. They are doing it, so that's proof enough. A lot of it is political pressure.
I'm just trying to share how to enact change, and it's a take it or leave it kind of thing.

Not that I can share here. They are doing it, so that's proof enough. A lot of it is political pressure.
No doubt - and yes, admittedly the way they're going about attempting to hijack the heritage of
the brand to suit their future plans is disgusting BUT it also indicates the mindset of the hive there
these days.
That's the point - they KNOW what we're going to respond like and they choose this route anyways.
Some of that can be attributed to government regs to come, sure - but it also indicates they've stacked
their decks with EV-enthusiastic employees at all levels, too.

Fluck 'em. I'll wave at their sailing ship from this dock right here....watch 'em sink, too. :realcrazy::moparsmiley:

No doubt - and yes, admittedly the way they're going about attempting to hijack the heritage of
the brand to suit their future plans is disgusting BUT it also indicates the mindset of the hive there
these days.
That's the point - they KNOW what we're going to respond like and they choose this route anyways.
Some of that can be attributed to government regs to come, sure - but it also indicates they've stacked
their decks with EV-enthusiastic employees at all levels, too.

Fluck 'em. I'll wave at their sailing ship from this dock right here....watch 'em sink, too. :realcrazy::moparsmiley:
For my sake, I hope not, but that is what I fear. They do need a wake up call and I fear it is going to be cars sitting on a lot or worse, at the distribution hub.

Even when 2030 gets here, engines aren't going to be gone. The current Stellantis plans for that year are for a 50% mix of ICE and EV being sold. When people talk about Stellantis having for no more ICE vehicles by 2030, they're meaning the Europeon plans. Meanwhile, they're doing well over here. Compared to GM's 2021 profit margin of 10.2% and Ford's 8.4, Stellantis pulled off 16.3% for North America.

With some of the older EV’s hitting battery expiration, they are just throw away cars with very little recycled.

Even when 2030 gets here, engines aren't going to be gone. The current Stellantis plans for that year are for a 50% mix of ICE and EV being sold. When people talk about Stellantis having for no more ICE vehicles by 2030, they're meaning the Europeon plans. Meanwhile, they're doing well over here. Compared to GM's 2021 profit margin of 10.2% and Ford's 8.4, Stellantis pulled off 16.3% for North America.
yea he ICE part of that is all trucks.. i forecast everyone switching to trucks with this lameo EV only passenger car switch.. so much for the brotherhood of muscle.. rah rah bullshit. Dodge should have been the last to go to the all EV switch.. kicking and screaming the whole way.. instead of the first to mask up Regardless of ‘the science’. Lame lame lame.. im voicing my opinion same way as others, by not buying that ****. Wonder if those profits will stay the high.. im prety sure volume is going to go way down. ofer the last 10 years ive bought 8 of the highest spec dodges and driven them daily. Gonna go old school now and enjoy it everyday.

until the technology can actually stand on its own.. and not need ‘incentives’ and regulation to make it happen, EV’s be damned.

Dodge needs to bag that ugly EV back up! Infact they should double bag that bitch so the can goods don't fall out!

Yes, I know how a locomotive works, I worked at Canadian National Railways for 35 years. The general operating principles haven't changed much for decades; a diesel engine spins a generator which provides electricity to drive the road wheels. No battery involved for motive transport, no hybrid operation. That link seems dated though, as GM and GE no longer build locomotives since they sold those divisions.
In my industry the term "hybrid" refers to two energy sources to power the vehicle. Whether capacitor banks or storage batteries if the vehicle uses two methods to move it is a hybrid.

In my industry the term "hybrid" refers to two energy sources to power the vehicle. Whether capacitor banks or storage batteries if the vehicle uses two methods to move it is a hybrid.
My point exactly. These locomotives use neither storage batteries nor capacitor banks to power the wheels; the diesel is the energy source. Saying a diesel/electric is a hybrid is the same as saying a car with an automatic transmission is a hybrid because a gas engine powers the hydraulic transmission that turns the wheels.

Auto Transport Service
Back