• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does any body know who this was..

cbodybob

Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
This was for sale at the Charlotte auto fair this past weekend. Is supposed to be for an early C body car. Its a long (L O N G) console. I didn't go. The guy who took this pic posted it over on the C body board, but didn't get the guys info. Just thought I'd post it here. I would be interested in talking to the person who was selling this. If anyone knows who was selling this & how to get up with him please PM me.

Attachments

• console2.jpg
    console2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 357
Yes it does and it may be. I have another pic for the rear & it appears to be quite long. Doesn't matter, so long as I can use it in my C body rat rod. And its not broken or busted.

IT is a 1964/65 console. The shifter is for a cable shift torqueflite.

Pic of said C body?

I've thought of throwing one together as well...seems the last of cheap old cars w/ character...

I do know this much. That shifter lever and housing are from a A100, looks custom to me.

I do know this much. That shifter lever and housing are from a A100, looks custom to me.

I think we all know mopar used the same parts in many applications. I have the same shifter that I kept for a rat build I was doing and it came from a mid 70's 26' Explorer motorhome with a low mileaged 440/727 combo in it.

It is also the same shifter that is in the dash of my buddies '65 d100 p/u

That shifter was used in 64 sport fury also. Looks like the one difference is the lights on the side of the console.,

C body rat rod pics

Pic of said C body?

I've thought of throwing one together as well...seems the last of cheap old cars w/ character...
I agree. Sure do have character. That console would look good in this car with my A body low back buckets.

Attachments

• 64 newport 003.JPG
    64 newport 003.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 64 newport 005.JPG
    64 newport 005.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 210
The long console had an extra section behind the flip up compartment that carried it into the rear of the car. I don't think that is the long one..it is for a 64/65 B body.
AL

Auto Transport Service
Back