• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone have Iron works switches

aussiewannabee69

Local time
10:14 PM
Reaction score
I've purchased some Ironworks2 & 3 position switches.
On the three position switch both Pins are powered in the final position for the switch.
Off-park-headlights.
I've asked Ironworks for a drawing or some help but they responded with any professional could work it out.
So I'm asking you guys if there's any way to wire up my lights with this set up. .
Once the switch is in the headlight position the parks stay on. I thought when I bought them that only one position would be powered at a time. Can't figure it out
Thanks for reading.

Take your Ohm meter and test the switch in all positions
Draw a picture and mark it you will see what the switch will do for you

Pole 2 is the first selection it powers up,
Pole 3 is the second selection and it powers up. Both are powered at the same time.

Park lights stay on with your head lights
tail lights are powered with park lights
so what are you looking for

Or am I reading my schematic wrong

Screenshot_20180620-091059_Gallery.jpg

The park / signal light should have 1157 bulbs that have two filaments
so two power wires and the socket is grounded to body to complete the two circuits

The park / signal light should have 1157 bulbs that have two filaments
so two power wires and the socket is grounded to body to complete the two circuits
Oh ok so maybe I have the wires around the wrong way? Or the wrong bulbs? I have 2 power wires coming out of the connector. 1 for blinkers one for park. Would it matter which is connected?

...Once the switch is in the headlight position the parks stay on...
This is the way they work, not sure what you're wanting? Are you saying that they don't blink when you try to use the turn signal? According to your diagram one light serves both functions

Did you rewire anything or alter the factory wiring harness?

This is the way they work, not sure what you're wanting? Are you saying that they don't blink when you try to use the turn signal? According to your diagram one light serves both functions
my Indicator light stays on as a solid light when the headlights are on.

my Indicator light stays on as a solid light when the headlights are on.
That's ok, as long as it blinks when you activate the turn signal switch (and if it's like my 68, they only blink when the ignition is turned on) if when the car is on, they still don't blink the first thing I would do is make sure you have a good flasher otherwise you need to take your wiring diagram and go back and verify that everything is connected properly

That's ok, as long as it blinks when you activate the turn signal switch (and if it's like my 68, they only blink when the ignition is turned on) if when the car is on, they still don't blink the first thing I would do is make sure you have a good flasher otherwise you need to take your wiring diagram and go back and verify that everything is connected properly
yeah they blink i have rewired all of that and replaced the flashers with new ones. i just didnt think the indicators were meant to stay on as a solid light when the headlights were on. they didnt work when i bought the car so i had no reference point.

You know what... You'll have to excuse me I think I'm wrong. I'm pretty sure my front parking lamps do turn off when the headlights come on I must be thinking of a different car..sorry about that. Now, they may have changed their layout for 69 ... but for mine there are two wires going to that light, one will comes from the headlight switch and the other comes from the turn signal switch. So when the headlight switch is switched all the way to the top position it cuts power to the parking lamps. But, knowing Ma Mopar that could very well be the way they're supposed to work for your year. You will just have to go back over your wiring diagram to verify your wiring, and if that looks correct then I would say you are okay

You know what... You'll have to excuse me I think I'm wrong. I'm pretty sure my front parking lamps do turn off when the headlights come on I must be thinking of a different car..sorry about that. Now, they may have changed their layout for 69 ... but for mine there are two wires going to that light, one will comes from the headlight switch and the other comes from the turn signal switch. So when the headlight switch is switched all the way to the top position it cuts power to the parking lamps. But, knowing Ma Mopar that could very well be the way they're supposed to work for your year. You will just have to go back over your wiring diagram to verify your wiring, and if that looks correct then I would say you are okay
i think i might even just wire it in to my low beams, since when i turn the headlights on they will come on. I dont actually plan on ever using my parks ever but i will have to get it past pits.

i think i might even just wire it in to my low beams, since when i turn the headlights on they will come on. I dont actually plan on ever using my parks ever but i will have to get it past pits.
You know I wish my parking lights came on with the headlights like that, for more lights at night like newer cars...

Auto Transport Service
Back