• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone make....

beanhead

May I Land My Kinky Machine
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
....a brake pedal pad that's worth a s**t? ('68 auto trans car pad in my case) I've had one on my car for about 6 years now (I think it was from Classic or the Year One) and it bugs me that it's always lifting off. It's like it's too soft or the lip that holds it on the pedal is too small.
You guys having any luck with any other repros?
Thanks

3m weatherstripping adhesive glue it on to your brake pedal.
Yeah I tried that...it didn't work for long. If gluing it on is the best alternative, I'll try again with some super-secret military grade stuff I can get!

Or flex seal!
I have NOT tried that, but that crap works wonders! I sprayed some on a leaky spot in a panel, in the rain, and it still sealed up.

7b2.gif

....a brake pedal pad that's worth a s**t? ('68 auto trans car pad in my case) I've had one on my car for about 6 years now (I think it was from Classic or the Year One) and it bugs me that it's always lifting off. It's like it's too soft or the lip that holds it on the pedal is too small.
You guys having any luck with any other repros?
Thanks

Hey beanhead clean out your inbox. Might have a nice original for ya.

Black RTV seems to stick very well for making things stick together..

You may laugh, but I started using this caulk/adhesive when I was doing vinyl siding and windows. Cheap, and it can be cleaned up with water before it cures, but then holds tight. Have glued a lot of other stuff with it over the years. Including the wide plastic side door trims that were falling off my 96 Jeep XJ. They had been back on for several years, and were still holding well when I sold the car.

DUO-SIL | Urethane Acrylic Sealant & Adhesive | Bostik | Bostik US

2018062095185755.jpg

Urethane stinks - for a VERY LONG time !!!
I have never noticed this having much smell at all. I use it indoors for painter caulk. You are probably thinking about POLY-URETHANE. That is some nasty **** to work with....

Auto Transport Service
Back