• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Rebuild Vent Windows

dodge68charger

Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
looking To Get My Vent Windows Rebuilt On The 68 Charger. Anyone Rebuild These?

We can do it, but I have to say that the reproductions from Tony's is a better alternative for most people. The job is not extremely difficult, but time consuming and can be done by most with some average skills and basic tools.

The issue you will have is that with any plating process, you can loose the crispness of the original castings due to the buffing process. These pieces are comprised of pot metal and stainless. If you want to maintain factory original parts, search out the very best frames with the least amount of pits in the pot metal pieces. Unless the stainless upright has deep gouges, the regular buffing process will be adequate.

In addition to the vent window frame restoration cost, the job can become a expensive portion of the basic restoration. For example: reproduction vent frames-$545, mylar glass channel runs-$95 for reproductions to $300 for the OEM pieces, rubber end tips-$55, vent window gasket-$85, stainless restoration-$75.

I would suggest reusing the original vent window gasket unless the original is severely dried out or torn. If a replacement is needed, both Precision and Metro makes them. I personally prefer the Precision gasket for this application.

Depending upon the condition of the door, inspect the lower mounting point down inside the door to make sure that it is in good condition. They have an issue of breaking loose on heavily rusted cars.

If any questions, drop me a message.

Auto Transport Service
Back