• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does this piece look familiar to anybody?

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:15 PM
Reaction score
I found it on the floor after removing the axles and third member from my Road Runner. It is .0185 thick with about a 2 3/16 outside diameter. I am stumped as to what it could be for.

P5070002.jpgP5070003.jpg

It is metal. The weird thing is that I had just replaced the axle bearings and seals when I rebuilt the rear end. Drove it about 100 miles. Had a howl in the rear, so I took it all apart again and that's when I noticed this on the floor under the passenger side. I suppose it could have come from something else, but I always sweep the floor up after a project is done.

if that is the snap ring off the axle bearing you need to fix it before the axle comes out

No green bearings, replaced the originals with the original cone style. Any other ideas?

what kind of wheels do you have ? some type of snap ring for the center cap ??

what kind of wheels do you have ? some type of snap ring for the center cap ??

Crager SS. Don't remember there being anything like this in the center caps, but I will check.

these look like they have a ring ?

$T2eC16VHJIYE9qUcNkyYBQfIRMhgo!~~60_12.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

maybe not LOL

It has a funny tab facing the ID. Never seen that before so probably not a bearing part. And at .018" thick that's not likely anyway. Wheel center cap is a good guess.

Auto Transport Service
Back