• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dog poop

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
What are you doing with man's best friend's daily duty? :(

When I was young I had 3 German shepherds and just mowed, raked and bagged.

I haven't had a dog for decades but I'm considering getting one now that I'm retired and can care for one. I just don't like dealing with poo.

Pick it up and put it in a brown paper bag find an enemy’s door step light it on fire and ring the door bell. Great prank when they stomp the fire out.

Last edited:
My daughter has two dogs and it was always a hassle finding apartments (and hotels) that accepted pets. When we moved her back from FL taking a new job she found a new apt complex pet friendly. They have those poopy posts supplied with bags spread out nicely on the grounds for people to pick up and dispose of their dog ****. Well, someone decided it was too much trouble for them to pick up their dog’s ****. Landlord sent out a letter reminding tenants to pick it up. They didn’t take the hint. Now the owner is requiring a DNA test for all the dogs so they can determine the culprit. So all the tenants have to go through this hassle for one lazy ******* asshole..

I have a small metal garbage can my wife bought, that has holes in the top lid and sides. I discovered the live maggot **** soup meant that the plastic, heavy mil, 55 gal black lawn bag MUST be folded over to prevent rain water coming in from the holes in the lid.
I usually let the bag fill up about ¾ of the height of the can, which gives the much larger bag enough room for me to tie the flaps when I pull it out of the can.
Opening the bag to make daily deposits from our 5 Labs/Lab mixes that range 50 to 90 pounds of dog is an experience like no other. I usually hold my breath during the opening process, and avoid studying the new life forms in their various stages of development.
The bag goes in the huge garbage can for pickup about every 3 to 4 weeks.

Four German shedders. Get a girlfriend like mine. She does the feeding, watering, and cleanup. My job is to play with them at least five times a day, and cover vet bills and dog food. I'll take that deal......

I like medium size dogs like German shepherds and Dobermans. But I'm thinking smaller dog = smaller/less poop.

If you have acres and the hound runs free ( like all dogs should ) don't worry about it.
If your dealing with a small yard Just rake it up once in awhile and bury it.
My mom is 86 , her dog allways goes to the same basic area of the yard. Few times a year we just dig a small hole and grab the rake.
Edit.... you guys know when we was kids nobody cleaned up dog crap, all dogs were loose and we earned our money being paper boys lol.
Part of growing up was grabbing a stick and cleaning dog crap off your sneaker.

#1 on Amazon

upload_2022-5-22_9-40-10.png

When we had a couple dogs and when their leavings interfered with mowing yard or where somebody might step on it, I would wash it down into the soil with a garden hose.
When camping with the Rv, I would always pick it up with plastic bag (WM) and throw it in dumpster.
Wouldn’t you know, the first time we camped after having to put down our last beloved puppy and were dog less, this guy next to us let his dog wonder. While we were out by the picnic table, the dog took a crap right there. The guy came over to get his dog and I pointed to the pile, asking if had had a bag for it. He said no and walked away. After some time went and it became clear that he wasn’t coming back, I grabbed a bag, picked up the pile with it and gave it a fling right in front of the guy’s camper door. That idiot let the bag sit there the whole weekend and would just walk around it.

I have a small metal garbage can my wife bought, that has holes in the top lid and sides. I discovered the live maggot **** soup meant that the plastic, heavy mil, 55 gal black lawn bag MUST be folded over to prevent rain water coming in from the holes in the lid.
I usually let the bag fill up about ¾ of the height of the can, which gives the much larger bag enough room for me to tie the flaps when I pull it out of the can.
Opening the bag to make daily deposits from our 5 Labs/Lab mixes that range 50 to 90 pounds of dog is an experience like no other. I usually hold my breath during the opening process, and avoid studying the new life forms in their various stages of development.
The bag goes in the huge garbage can for pickup about every 3 to 4 weeks.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B083...d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams

Anyone use the pooper scooper?

Yes, It works very well... I also have a very small garbage can just for poo... I keep it closed tight, haven't had anything living in there, it does stink but face it, it's a can full of poo what do you expect.... I know someone who trained their dog to use the toilet.. My dogs aren't that smart... Photo is off the internet, not the guy I know..

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 7.56.50 AM.png

When we had 2 fairly big Black Labs, 65 & 100 lbs. We have a fairly large yard, 1 acre in the back. Used a few approaches, 1) use the hose occasionally to "wash it into the grass", 2) hope the rain does that and mow over it, 3) wife used a pooper scooper and tossed in the tree line.

We have enough land to let it decompose except in the late winter through about March it just sits there. So what I do is put on disposable gloves and put it in a 5 gallon bucket. Then I find an active ground hog hole and dump it in there.
I do not like ground hogs

Low maintenance

61-bBzBi-7S._AC_SL1000_.jpg

We talk to our dogs, but talking to a toy might be considered one step over the line.

Auto Transport Service
Back