• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dome Light Housing Pic

cosgig

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:46 PM
Reaction score
Howdy people, first of all this is a 70 Roadrunner question. Like an idiot, I didn’t take a pic of the orientation of the dome light housing before I removed the headliner. I have the screw holes located and the socket through the hole, but the housing won’t sit flat on the roof brace for some reason. Before I go cutting the headliner, I’d like to see how the housing is facing....screws to the back, socket to the front, vise versa, I don’t know. There was a 3rd screw hole in the brace, making a L shape out of the 3 screw holes, but it seemed like it wasn’t spaced right, and the screw holes in the housing would have to face front to back instead of side to side. Can anybody pop the lense off of theirs and include a pic here please? Thanks for any help given!

Hmmm, I don't think the headliner gets cut. Just a hole for the wire(s) and the screws.

Hmmm, I don't think the headliner gets cut. Just a hole for the wire(s) and the screws.

I’m not cutting the headliner out around it. I have a small hole for the socket and wire to come through, and the screws are in the holes which would put the housing holes side by side, but the housing won’t sit flat against the brace underneath the headliner. There was another screw hole on the front rib of the brace, but it is spaced too far from the one in the back brace to coincide with the slots in the housing. I assume that the wire and socket come in from the front, and the screw slots go side to side, towards the back of the car. But, it won’t sit flat that way for some reason. Hoping someone has a pic that shows the orientation of the socket and the screw holes on a mounted housing.

D1A712FC-9E2B-4AA5-BC08-C94F27D302C3.jpeg

Figured it out folks.

Yeah, you have to take your finger out from between the housing and brace for it to fit right !!

Yeah, you have to take your finger out from between the housing and brace for it to fit right !!
I knew I left that finger somewhere! Thanks man, I found it!

Auto Transport Service
Back