• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dome lights won't go off

moons66

Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
66 coronet 2 door.I replaced the under dash wiring harness with another used one that was in good shape.now the dome lights will not got off.at first when I tried the headlight switch they would go on and off like they are supposed to.then out of the blue they will not go off now.I replaced the headlight switch thinking that was it.well I plugged it in and it worked a few times like it was supposed to then they stuck on again and won't go off until I pull the fuse. what the heck is going on? anyone have this problem before?

my headlights are also flickering after being stable before.put a new alternator,and voltge regulator in it. pulling 13.50 volts at battery and 14.00 at the alternator.any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Check the switches at the front door jambs that operate the dome light. Make sure they are securely mounted and try pushing the button in and out while watching your light. As far as your headlights flickering, that sounds like a short to me. Start by jiggleing all of the wires in that harness from the headlights back to see if you can make them flicker. Inspect and clean all contacts and plugs including your bulkhead connector that passes through the fire wall and any wires you may have messed with in the work you just did on your electrical. Good luck!

What they said, but check the dimmer switch on the floor. I bet you'll find a partially melted connector

Auto Transport Service
Back