• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

door fuzzies install

greenmachine

Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
Hi
just got glass installed!

Getting ready for cat whiskers. Can someone tell me which are inner and which are outer? I think I got it, but don't want to screw it up. Also, I have the little 1.5" long strip, but don't see corresponding holes in the body that match up for the end plugs. 1969 coronet 2 door hardtop. Thank you for your help, will post pics.

The "fuzzy" strips go inside(interior).....The rubberized strip goes outside(exterior)....the 1.5 inch strip goes on the end of each door before the outer rubberized strip......

The "fuzzy" strips go inside(interior).....The rubberized strip goes outside(exterior)....the 1.5 inch strip goes on the end of each door before the outer rubberized strip......
Thank you! I just combed over your restoration and studied pics to help get me there. Side note, those Mylar front seals suck to install! So fragile.

IMG_6609.JPG

Also, it is very helpful to loosen the down-stop of the window (temporarily) so you can put the window down inside the door a little bit. This gives you more wiggle room for installation.

The little tang-clips are tough...removing and installing. I had better luck dabbing just a tiny bit of silicone grease on the tangs of the new ones to keep them from hanging up on the sheet metal on their way into the holes. Start installing at the front (vent-window end) and work your way back, otherwise by the time you pop it in you may not have the desired gap between the vent frame and fuzzy, and you don't want to have to try to remove a new piece, hard to do without bending it..and man it looks like you have some beautiful paint, if it was me I'd put some masking tape on top of the door just for extra protection.

Auto Transport Service
Back