• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door glass adjustment?

70runner

Local time
3:12 PM
Reaction score
70RR vert, power windows. Vent frames are correct, from 67B hardtop. Glass is original. Door alignment is good.

Passenger door glass is misaligned. When fully raised, it is outboard of roof rail weatherstrip and misaligned with qtr glass at top. If adjusted to bring alignment closer (unable to fully align with roof rail weatherstrip), power window operation will bind - not fully raise or lower. PW motor and hardware is working properly, loosen adjusters and raising/lowering works perfect.

Pix show door glass position with all adjusters loose, incl the vent channel Allen bolt. Qtr glass is properly in the roof rail weatherstrip track, door glass is about 5/8" outside track at top and misaligned with qtr glass.

1aqw1Y3.jpg
;
p0WRmzb.jpg

Broke out the FSM and began the vent wing/door glass adjustment process. Steps 1, 2, 3 completed. 2nd pic shows door glass raised and aligned with roof rail weatherstrip. This alignment required some fairly heavy force at the top of the glass/frame...to the point I was worried about shattering the glass.

dTOrY4e.jpg
;
MCswBAt.jpg

Here's where the FSM gets confusing, at least to me. Steps 4-8 require using several adjusters inaccessible while the door is closed. If I open the door to access these adjusters the glass/frame will revert to it's misaligned condition. What am I missing here? For ref here's a couple more pix.

sBUimse.jpg
;
mG8AGIs.jpg

I'd seen that, thx!

I'm beginning to wonder if it is the original glass, perhaps a hardtop version?

Not sure, I don’t remember all the differences in the glass. Hopefully someone can chime in on it. I know it can be super frustrating trying to get glass all aligned properly. I spent hours and hours tweaking mine to get it all to fit and seal. Good luck!

Double checked it against my driver side glass, looks the same. Did some more adjustments, got it closer and not binding. Maybe push out the qtr glass a bit.

Auto Transport Service
Back