• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door hinge question

Hilljack68

Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
As I continue to disassemble my 68 Net, I got around to pulling the doors off today. I've already bought the replacement door hinge pins and bushings from Napa, and I noticed something... the kits come with bushings for both upper and lower hinges; but I noticed there were no existing bushings on the lowers when I pulled the door (and consequently, the lower's holes are a bit oblong).
So, what have you guys found? - does the lower hinge have bushings or not? Thanks.

No bushing in the lowers. I believe you’ll need to drill it out to the appropriate size. I had mine rebuilt with larger pins instead of the bushings.

Surf the web. There are kits out there available that don't use the bushings. You drill it out and put a bigger steel on steel pin in.
The brass bushings are a waste of time.

Either get new hinges or search out this kit.

Try here.
http://www.restorick.com/

You can get oversized pins for the lowers from restorick installing bushings in the lower hinge is temporary at best I can rebuild them for you if needed. I disassemble and media blast them then
reassemble with new bushings and pins in the uppers and new springs and new oversized pins in the lowers.

Ive had the napa kit with bronze bushings on my drivers door for 9yrs now. top and bottom.
Unless your working for Pizza Hut delivery they will be fine.

You can get oversized pins for the lowers from restorick installing bushings in the lower hinge is temporary at best I can rebuild them for you if needed. I disassemble and media blast them then
reassemble with new bushings and pins in the uppers and new springs and new oversized pins in the lowers.

Can you PM me what you would charge to rebuild 69 GTX hinges?

Auto Transport Service
Back