• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

door jammed up

mopar440bbody

Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
hey my pass. door will not open, both locking mechanisms are connected and locking and unlocking. the inside handle and outside handle are connected. the door will not move at all. also it looks like the rods are moving freely and they move the release as far as can be , however the view is very hard to see in that area of the door. thanks drive safe. bye

Have you tried to give the door a punch from the inside with the palm of your hand while having the door handle pulled? If that doesn't work, you probably have other issues.....

try lifting up on it or pushing down on it and pull hard while operating the release

the striker may be too high or too low....... or shimmed out too far or not enough

it has been stuck before any i had someone pull it open however this time will not open and they pull and i pushed with handle opening position.

Is the car parked on flat ground or is it twisted or is it jacked up or on jack stands right now. This can bind the doors. Once you get it open lubricate all the latches and hinges. Make sure it it the right level compared to the striker and it’s not binding.

car and driver are on level ground. however it does get swampy down here. its FAT TUESDAY today and 66 and sunny.

It helps to be on the level, sometimes, it’s bound in a way that , inside door latch can’t move to allow it to release ! Had a similar problem and lowered the window completely and used a long stalk of 1/8” welding rod for oxy-acetylene , bent one end in 90* angle with super bright pen light and looked in from top to find the release ! Worked for me ! Good luck ! JC

It helps to be on the level, sometimes, it’s bound in a way that , inside door latch can’t move to allow it to release ! Had a similar problem and lowered the window completely and used a long stalk of 1/8” welding rod for oxy-acetylene , bent one end in 90* angle with super bright pen light and looked in from top to find the release ! Worked for me ! Good luck ! JC
GTX one of my dream car, your looks nice in blue my coronet was factory blue.

GTX one of my dream car, your looks nice in blue my coronet was factory blue.
Yes, this Blue , is truly a nice color and I’m partial to the GtX , for I had a new one in 67 , but it was a very dark green, also enjoy the Coronets!

hey we , me and a friend got the door unjammed. we sprayed it good from inside, used plastic pry bars to open gape for spraying the striker and also put outward pressure door. and it opened . reason it stuck was build up of dirt grim and little bit of rust was all it took to lockup. humidity here can be 85 -90 % or higher.

hey we , me and a friend got the door unjammed. we sprayed it good from inside, used plastic pry bars to open gape for spraying the striker and also put outward pressure door. and it opened . reason it stuck was build up of dirt grim and little bit of rust was all it took to lockup. humidity here can be 85 -90 % or higher.
I'm in SE Texas and only 9 miles from Galveston Bay so I know about the humidity but it's been great here lately and only 50% today with a SE breeze and well, that's the direction the bay is. My 66 Belvedere used to let me know when it was time to lubricate things but usually happened before things got stuck. The driver's door glass was the one that let me know things needed attention. The car is a 2dr sedan so maybe the glass in those things have more friction to content with.....? The crank mechanism was the one that always complained.

I'm in SE Texas and only 9 miles from Galveston Bay so I know about the humidity but it's been great here lately and only 50% today with a SE breeze and well, that's the direction the bay is. My 66 Belvedere used to let me know when it was time to lubricate things but usually happened before things got stuck. The driver's door glass was the one that let me know things needed attention. The car is a 2dr sedan so maybe the glass in those things have more friction to content with.....? The crank mechanism was the one that always complained.
It got Cranky?
:lol:

i think lack of use and moisture we combine to cause trouble . i have had sprak plug wires turn green under the caps. this year i did powder mildew on my white vine-al seats thanks we did try the welding rod thing but as stated i had diff issue .

Auto Transport Service
Back