• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door lock clips

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score
Hey gang. Does anyone know what a Dorman p/n is for door lock clips are for a 71 b-body? These are the clips that clip onto a door lock cylinder and connects to the rod to lock and unlock the doors. It doesn't have to be Dorman brand I was hoping I can get it at my local parts store.

Thanks

Last edited:
idrivemopar- YES, that's what I need but the first web address says it's not for a '71. I got 2 clips from a parts store in a little town where the car is at and when I ran the numbers, it says it's not for a '71 as well :mad: and the kid behind the counter, said this is the number. Both numbers are a Dorman number 75452 (says Chrysler/GM) and 75451 (says Ford on package) and didn't notice this till after I bought them :mad:. So, I get home and called a couple of parts stores and they said "Our parts books don't go back that far but you can bring one in and look at our Dorman supply and match them up". Again :mad: because I don't have the original clips. I was looking for these locally so 1- I can have them to put the locks in and get them hooked up. 2- I didn't want to order them from a vendor and spend extra $$$ for shipping just to have them in a day or so.

Thanks Moparmarks for your reply

Last edited:
DoorRodClip.jpg

Chrysler #. Most of the on line parts places carry them. I think there is a left and right:
http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MP-DLC108
http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MP-DLC109

I'm hoping to find a cross reference to a Dorman or whatever at my local parts store

Last edited:
FYI- after going to a couple of parts stores, I think I found an "assortment" that had what appears to be the ones I need. Thanks everyone!

OK my bad. Your taking about the rod going up to the knob. I thought that was 1/8". Maybe the reason they don't list it for 71 is because 71 used a push in clip like the E-body ones. Think R/T is making them. Can use a standard rod clip though.

20171021_184450.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back