• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door VIN tag R&R

Builderguy

Builderguy
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck peeling this tag off and then re-applying it after new paint. It looks like it will peel off without damaging it. Is there some new adhesive that can be sprayed on the back to make it stick again? Normally don't do the jambs so I am not too familiar with
the R&R on this and it is in such good shape that I want to keep the original. Thanks

100_8197.JPG 100_8200.JPG

those are tamper resistant

it will separate into multiple layers and may even reveal the word "VOID" repeated diagonally

I believe you can get repros made

Good to know and thanks. I guess I should have thought about that but it is getting late.

As stated above, ECS makes perfect reproductions.

DMV put me thru a ringer because the body shop removed that sticker on my 72 Satellite. I did have the sticker with me.I was there for 5 hours waiting for the big wig at the state headquarters to make a decision on if I was going to be charged or if I would be allowed to register the car as is.
The approval came with a tongue lashing to never do anything like this again as I will be fined and or serve jail time. Loads of fun over a plastic sticker. I also went thru this with my 65.Every old Mopar guy knows that the early cars that have the vin on the door jamb do not have screws to attach.Again I waited for several hours till someone gave approval saying that it is correct.
BUT I am glad that they are tough on these things and are doing their job. Be careful.

dash VIN should supersede a door sticker

doors are commonly replaced

Auto Transport Service
Back