• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door window adjustment problems

Mopar2488

Local time
1:05 AM
Reaction score
On my 68 charger top of door window stainless steel trim lifts up as I roll window down, also top of my window in the rear in little far, I have already tried adjusted lower rear channel nut to tip top out didn't change anything it stay same. My quarter window aligned perfectly. Also tried everything FSM instructions. my door is aligned perfectly
202018702_839994736622012_6731413021465931221_n.jpg

Last edited:
If the window is starting out in the up position, I’m not sure I understand how the SS weatherstrip retainer could go up any further as you try to roll the window down. Is the SS trim loose on the glass and not riding down with the glass? If so, the glass is probably set in bedding tape in the trim which most glass shops should have.

If the window is starting out in the up position, I’m not sure I understand how the SS weatherstrip retainer could go up any further as you try to roll the window down. Is the SS trim loose on the glass and not riding down with the glass? If so, the glass is probably set in bedding tape in the trim which most glass shops should have.
Glass start to slide down in SS trim 1/4" when I roll glass down and than SS trim will start move with glass after that. Maybe setting tape too old.

Last edited:
Yup. You need new tape to get the trim piece adhered back to the window glass.

Thanks for the help. Because it quite annoying when I roll window down and glass slide 1/4” down in SS Trim. If I window halfway with SS trim sticking up 1/4” and I open door and roll up window and i have to tap SS trim down with rubber mallet so I can close my door.

Last edited:
you can take it off with the window up and the door open, clean all the old tape out of the the channel , get some new tape and lay it folded in the channel , start it on the glass in the right height because it wont slide down once you start tapping it on with a rubber mallet , tap until it's fully seated and your done, you can trim off any tape showing with a razor blade, it's not a sticky tape , it's like a thin piece of rubber

Last edited:
you can take it off with the window up and the door open, clean all the old tape out of the the channel , get some new tape and lay it folded in the channel , start it on the glass in the right height because it wont slide down once you start tapping it on with a rubber mallet , tap until it's fully seated and your done, you can trim off any tape showing with a razor blade, it's not a sticky tape , it's like a thin piece of rubber
I can take off top half, clean old top half of tape and new tape in and don't want take whole rear channel out if I can't get in. Original glass and SS trim with original setting tape from 68

that would work, you see most of the trim with the window up , when you pull it back it might come right out and you can decide how much you want to replace, if it helps you might take the rubber cover off

ya, you can lay about 8 inches of the bedding tape in there and tap it back on then trim the edges with a razor blade and it will look good, the rubber tape will hold it from moving

I got my SS trim completely out right now and cleaned out old tape and get ready for new setting tape.

I got my SS trim completely out right now and cleaned out old tape and get ready for new setting tape.
Hey Nevada dan what thickness bedding tape/setting tape? I have 1/32 or 1/16 and how long because SS trim out of car with glass still in the door?

just try a 1 inch piece of the 1/32 and tap it on , if its loose try the 1/16, its been a while so I'm not sure on the thickness

you fold it over so it's on both side of the glass

Nevada dan
You were right my trim came out very easy I just had to unbend bottom a little bit from inside panel and I will 1” piece of 1/32” if too loose than I try 1/16”

Last edited:
Do you also fold bedding tape on top as well or not need to

When I do find what right thickness for bedding tape and how long from top to bottom of trim?
Is it length of the glass for cutting bedding tape

Auto Transport Service
Back