• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door window assembly

BeepBeepRR

Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
I have 2 vent window and brackets. I have 2 regulators I have both pieces of glass but cant figure out what I am missing. If anyone has pictures of the entire door assembly I would appreciate the help. It just seems like there is something missing in the parts I have. This is a POST car and I believe may be a little different from a hard top car. Thanks in advance.

The channel that installs in the back of the door is different than a hardtop. This sounds like the piece you are missing. The vent window frame and actuator (crank mechanism) are the same.

I will have to see if I can find a picture for you but the post car has a thinner slot in the channel than the hardtop.

D

Shop manual is invaluable.

The channel that installs in the back of the door is different than a hardtop. This sounds like the piece you are missing. The vent window frame and actuator (crank mechanism) are the same.

I will have to see if I can find a picture for you but the post car has a thinner slot in the channel than the hardtop.

D
Thanks that would be awesome. I did find a guy on CL parting out a super bee and was going to purchase both doors. But he hasn't replied.

I wonder if a 2 door post car rear glass track is the same as a 4 door front door rear glass track? If so I have those.

Here are the rear tracks. One is left one is right. I can't understand why the left track has a wider gap where the window rides.

IMG_0547.JPG

Anyone have a left rear track for a post car? Sorry this is for the door window not the quarters.. Just in case I confused anyone.

Last edited:
I think that is the track the glass goes on. I need the track thats towards the rear of the door and is vertical, up and down that the end of the glass rides in. The first picture are the 2 rails side by side. The brackets on the left side of the picture are at the bottom of the door. The bottom picture shows the orientation inside the door. However the picture I have here is for the 2 door Hard Top. Which is why my left side is wrong. The picture here shows the correct track on top and the wrong one on the bottom. Which is the 2 door hard top version.

SAM_0011.JPG
s-l500.jpg

Oh sorry about that, I mis-read your reply. I thought when you said "left rear track" you meant left rear quarter glass track.

However I may have what you need now that you posted close-up pics I can use them to compare.

Stay tuned...

Oh sorry about that, I mis-read your reply. I thought when you said "left rear track" you meant left rear quarter glass track.

However I may have what you need now that you posted close-up pics I can use them to compare.

Stay tuned...
These tracks are inside the door and to the rear part of it. The glass slides up and down in the track. The rear quarter glass on a post car is a pop out window and has no tracks.

Bee's are actually coupe cars(?)Post cars to me are ones with metal frame surrounding glass on all sides. I get screwed up on this all the time. Course maybe I'm still screwed up.

Bee's are actually coupe cars(?)Post cars to me are ones with metal frame surrounding glass on all sides. I get screwed up on this all the time. Course maybe I'm still screwed up.

Here is my friends Roadrunner. It is a POST aka Coupe car and below the blue car is a hard top. The only difference is the Metal post between the quarter glass and the door glass. The Hard top has a small piece of trim separating the glass. And the post car has a pop out. I assume Bees are the same since they are all B bodies. Edit added a picture of a 1969 Bee Post car.. Its on top. Black bee is also a 69 but a hard top.

IMG_0458.JPG B5-Blue-1969-Plymouth-Road-Runner.jpg 1969-dodge-super-bee-383-autonumbers-matching-1-owner-til-2012-post-car-2.JPG hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Well the 4 door version is a totally different animal. It's a 12.5" run of galvanized channel that only bolts on the bottom. Then for the top end, it slides into the weather strip felt and then the tabs insert somewhere along the window frame base where it meets the top of the door. Very generic looking.

20161122_164019.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back