• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door window regulator question

Curt Chambers

Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
OK, so I was installing the driver's door window regulator (73 Charger) and I broke one of the little rollers that go inside the stabilizer channel. I found a source for replacements, but not sure how they attach to the regulator arm. The plastic looks like it's molded around the ball stud. Or do I replace the roller and stud as an assembly? If so, is it a press fit or threaded?

Worst case scenario I'll just buy another regulator. But I'd like to use this one if I can.

Thanks

it all gets replaced as one
you grind the backside off to remove the old one
put in the new one and it gets peened over (hammer and center punch) the hole it goes thru..

Thanks for the quick response. Hopefully I can install the new one without breaking it. I'm tempted to just dab on a little JB Weld on the back.

or a blob of panel bond maybe or even zap a weld??

I have a power window regulator that needs a roller, I got a replacement roller
and before I could repair it,I found another regulator
so I never got around to attempting it.

Well, this is turning out to be more difficult than I thought. The place that I thought I could purchase these from, RT Specialities, does not let you pay online. They say they will contact you but never do. I've called their number several times but no answer. Not a recording, not an answering machine, just keeps ringing like no one's home.

I couldn't find any other vendors who sell these. Any ideas?

I probably have them, do you have a picture or part number of the style that you need.

They look like this:

Window roller.jpg

The roller is about 1" diameter. The height of the assembly is around 3/4". Thanks.

Well, this is turning out to be more difficult than I thought. The place that I thought I could purchase these from, RT Specialities, does not let you pay online. They say they will contact you but never do. I've called their number several times but no answer. Not a recording, not an answering machine, just keeps ringing like no one's home.

I couldn't find any other vendors who sell these. Any ideas?

Thanks, I plan to give them a call today. I also have a couple other sources I found that I'm working on, so hopefully can get this resolved quickly.

Let me know what you find out. We have buckets of the NOS rollers, but have not gotten around to identifying the exact applications. They all look so alike, yet there will be some subtle difference. In the world of reproduction door rollers, SWR pretty much does 95% of those that are sold. RT Specialties has done some through the years or he is still selling off Auveco varieties that are OEM quality, and his pricing is twice that of anyone else. Good luck.

I have an NOS one and will send some pics and info

Yes call him
He also has the square roller
For 71's

Auto Transport Service
Back