• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doug’s Headers application frustration

ncrobb

Local time
6:40 AM
Reaction score
Does anybody know the part number for a set of Doug’s Headers to fit a 1973 Road Runner with a small block, 4 speed, power steering if it makes a difference? I’ve tried to figure it out in their website, Summit’s website and even called Doug’s and gotten no where. Summit shows D453 to fit everything A, B and E small block but the comments all refer to A bodies.
Anyone have experience good or bad with these?

I have found that in MOST cases, if it fits an A body, it will fit a B or E. The C body cars are a different matter though.

Maybe Jegs is showing more details?

https://www.jegs.com/i/Dougs-Headers/776/D453/10002/-1

Screenshot_20211213-165956_Chrome.jpg

Is a mini starter the same as the size used on Dakotas?

I have seen mini starters in two sizes but there may be more. The Dakota seems to be the larger of the 2 "mini" starters.

Thanks folks. I’ll be in McDonough today and thought I’d stop in the Summit store and pick up a set.

Just for anyone wondering, the Doug’s D453 fit great. Driver side went on with no problem; I had to trim a casting nub off the bell housing on the passenger side. Car was up off the ground about 12” and I lifted the engine out of the mounts about 2”.

If I can hi jack will the D 453 fit my 71 plymouth satellite 360 with power steering power brake 904 with floor shifter.thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back